What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know where you're coming from Ranger. I have impingement and RC damage in both my shoulders from years doing overhead arborial work. Not bad enough for surgery yet, but I'm only 53. I still do some work every year but it is very limited. Have had cortisone injections but that can only go so far before it contributes to deterioration. I'm sure you're familiar with all the usual self-care, pace yourself. The hardest part for me has always been letting it rest.

Colouring the meer with English #1 today, last of the tin. It was good, smokey and horsey.

P. S. I would appreciate prayers for 4-6 inches of snow before Christmas. We need ground cover for Ag/Hort otherwise it will be a drought spring. And my cabin fever is approaching clinical levels. :oops:

IMG_4309.jpeg

IMG_4310.jpeg

Moving on to the afternoon smokes on an unseasonably warm and sunny Virginia day.

Royal Yacht in my MM Charles Towne Cobbler, followed by Watch City American Cut Plug in a new MM Patriot. Sun-drying some GLP Chelsea Morning to smoke in my Savinelli 904KS. (I find that the sides of this pipe get a bit hot when smoking a lot of blends—this one stays pretty cool for me.)

Friendly Pupper went inside to cool off. Not a common thing to say in December!

Smoking a Pete Baker street with Lane LL-7, Mc Cafe k-cup.
Ranger-Ibuprofen is your friend !
EZ, used to be but not anymore. Used so much when I was young and working out all the time it messed up my kidneys. The nephrologist says no nsaids. For pain I use Tramadol and tizanadine as a muscle relaxer.

View attachment 14198
View attachment 14199

Moving on to the afternoon smokes on an unseasonably warm and sunny Virginia day.

Royal Yacht in my MM Charles Towne Cobbler, followed by Watch City American Cut Plug in a new MM Patriot. Sun-drying some GLP Chelsea Morning to smoke in my Savinelli 904KS. (I find that the sides of this pipe get a bit hot when smoking a lot of blends—this one stays pretty cool for me.)

Friendly Pupper went inside to cool off. Not a common thing to say in December!
Great pix Friendly, I'm loving the Pete ashtray 😊

I know where you're coming from Ranger. I have impingement and RC damage in both my shoulders from years doing overhead arborial work. Not bad enough for surgery yet, but I'm only 53. I still do some work every year but it is very limited. Have had cortisone injections but that can only go so far before it contributes to deterioration. I'm sure you're familiar with all the usual self-care, pace yourself. The hardest part for me has always been letting it rest.

Colouring the meer with English #1 today, last of the tin. It was good, smokey and horsey.

P. S. I would appreciate prayers for 4-6 inches of snow before Christmas. We need ground cover for Ag/Hort otherwise it will be a drought spring. And my cabin fever is approaching clinical levels. :oops:
Bit of advice. Don't wait too long. I've had RC surgery on both shoulders, left one twice. Used to lift really heavy, benched over 450. When I had the first one done, at age 65, Doc said I should have come in a year earlier and he wouldn't have had to do all 4 RC muscles. 2 torn completely, 1 at 70%, 1 at 50%. 3 & 1/2 hours of surgery, 8 months of PT.

This morning I took a friend to his chiropractor appointment, he had a brace on his neck and didn't have any rotational ability. The root cause was a car accident a few years ago and this was a flareup. I took a Pride filled with GLP Kensington for the ride home from his house, had some lunch and went with my wife to mail Christmas presents. Relaxing for a bit with the rest of the pipe then it's out to do the work I planned to start this morning.

just finished putting new coil in Suv, fired up- no misfire,cleared the code-drove around town for an hour,rechecked everything-no check eng light,no code comes up ! local mechanic quoted me 135 for labor!
Smoking a Rusticated Pete strand,Stanwell vanilla,mug of Peets dark roast.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am part way through his bowl of year 2019 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Gold Star Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Short bowl of Arango Balkan Supreme in an Aldo Velani smooth poker with Earl Gray tea👌. Need to get my ass in gear soon. Have to shower and shave before we head down to the Legion for Xmas dinner. Swede, meant to ask, were you affected by the tornadoes last week? I have a nephew who lives in Clarksville but they were spared from any damage. Tornado went just north of them. EZ, good job. Most mechanics are rip offs.

IMG_4316.jpeg

IMG_4312.jpeg

Enjoying the final bit of my first-ever bowl of Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in my 2023 Boswell Poker while looking at a gorgeous crescent moon.

Can anyone confirm whether this blend is supposed to arrive so badly broken up? Almost no “doblones” in the tin. I have a lot of fun packing spun-cut tobacco and was disappointed not to find any intact coins.

The rest of the night will be Sutliff Crumble Kake VaPer in my MM Zenon straight Apple Hardwood, the DGT PS Luxury Navy Flake I charted this morning in NY bent Zenon, and Nightcap in my MM Country Gentleman Night Rider.

Last edited: