What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark Twain with a touch of left-over Va Slices in my Cobbler with my morning coffee.

Attachments

• MM Cobbler.jpg
    MM Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Good morning everyone and a happy Mothers Day to any of you who self identify as mothers, lol. Just kidding. Up very early. Having a bowl of CS Figgy Pudding in a Don Carlos bent brandy with CR morning coffee. Gotta head to the Legion soon as I finish this one. Wifey playing fetch with Charlie and Marty at the same time. What a circus, lol. Have a great day my friends.

It's a beautiful day in the Bluegrass! I had a pleasant morning on the patio enjoyng my morning ritual: a cup of Colombian coffee, KBV Burley Morning Pipe in the Jansen's N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem, and a book. Now in the car driving up to Florence (the missus is at the wheel) to attend the baptism of my 9 year old great grandson (yep, you read that correctly) and celebrate Mother's Day with 3 generations of mothers. Have great day, BoBs!
20240507_082927.jpg

Good Afternoon friends and fellow BoBs.
And yet another gorgeous day here in England today. This whole week has really felt like mid summer. It has truly been beautiful.
Today I'm going to fill a bowl of Rangers Blended Round Up in a Butz Choquin Rodeo, in honour of his horse Cochise, hoping he gets better soon. Have a great Sunday my friends
Butz Choquin Rodeo.jpg

A codger pipe. Savinelli 616, a massive bent billiard. I’m the stereotypical codger, 84 years old living 3/4 of a mile down a one lane gravel dead end road in the hills and hollers of the Missouri Ozarks.
IMG_0332.jpeg
. Smoking pipes for over 50 years. I set on my porch watching the deer, coyotes, turkeys and an occasional bobcat. I smoke codger blends - mostly PA. This is an ideal pipe for porch setting, huge, runs cool and long winded. I sometimes wonder where 84 years has gone but I’m happy where I am now. God bless and happy Mother’s Day to the mommies.

Last edited:
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching one of my favorite shows, Aerial America.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side for lunch. Did a set of walking reps, and near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Gold Star Hawaiian Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Good afternoon gents. Back from the Legion and the ranch. Served breakfast till 11, then out to the ranch to check on Cochise and give him his meds. They seem to be working and he is greatly improved. Now having CS Bill's Blend in a Design Berlin 1/2 bent dublin with a Kiltlifter ale. Beautiful day here in the mountains.

Enjoyed wonderful company this afternoon. Just great people. While they were here, I smoked a bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Then, I smoked a bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

I followed that up with a bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Currently, I am a third of the way through this bowl of 2015 Mac Baren Modern Virginia in a medium bend, smooth dark brown 1950s Peterson 999 Shamrock chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Braves-Mets game starts before long.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Shamrock.jpg

We're home after a wonderful family day. The evening is lovely and the missus is enjoying her glass of Cabernet, I'm drinking hibiscus tea with vodka, and smoking Straus Private Stock Aromatic in my Hardcastle's Crown bent billiard with saddle stem while we listen to the "Jazz in the Background" playlist on Spotify.
20240512_200314.jpg

Good evening BoBs. Pre dinner bowl of Lancer Slices in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with Red Stag bourbon on the side. Augie resting peacefully in my lap. Wife enjoying Evan Williams honey bourbon. Cochise's hives clearing up. Life is good. Except for the damn dishwasher, lol.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, swordfish and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a quarter of a bowl left of KBV Verge Engine Santa Drive 2023 in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Abner the Eager is doing better today.
Peterson_Deluxe20S_1978_P-Lip.jpg

Been traffic copping the ferals. Abner the Eager's leg is looking much better, and he's walking on all fours. I stayed with him since he was afraid of Tomato the Brave and Harry the Hairy. Abner ate more than usual because he knew I was protecting him, and showed his appreciation with a happy face. As for me, I've a third of a bowl left of year 2022 Peter Heinrichs Special Curly in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Lumberman with a long shank and a black vulcanite saddle stem, unbranded. I'm going to try to get some sleep tonight, so I'll end the day with this smoke.
Trevor_Talbert_Lumberman-big.jpg