What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Currently, I've about a quarter of a bowl left of 1970s Heine's Blend in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.49) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega military mount with a nickel band and a black vulcanite stem with a p-lip.
Dr.Grabow_Omega_1974.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and smoked a bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2016 D&R Two Timer Gold in a 1982 smooth straight Sasieni Ivory 105 Apple with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This was my first Sasieni. Bought it at my local Tinderbox for $9.95.
Sasieni_Ivory_apple.jpg

Just finished smoking Wilke No. 515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This was the original 515 that Basil Rathbone smoked.
Butz-Choquin1501_Bistro_Pot.jpg

I wasn’t awake long when Long Tail jumped on my foot, and then the chair, and took a snooze on my lap. Then, she snoozed on my chest, and moved up to my shoulder. The shy orange tabby snoozed next to my feet, then by my side, and then with Momma Sam. Both spent several hours sleeping by my side and on me this afternoon, and this evening. We're still looking for a home for them.
LTonMyFoot1.jpg

LTJimSnooze1.jpg

LTShoulder1.jpg

LT&SOTCloseSleep4.jpg

Now smoking 2018 Sutliff Walnut Match in a 1990s smooth brown medium bend briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule and a black vulcanite stem. Reading baseball box scores.
Butz-Choquin_Maitre_PipierJR _hornMM.jpg

@Balisong told me that the Bill and Archie have adapted well to their new home. They've been exploring the house, and after playing on the stairs, took a nap there.
OTsStairSleep1.jpg

Long Tail gives the shy orange fella a bath.

Attachments

• Butz-Choquin_Maitre_PipierJR _hornMM.jpg
    Butz-Choquin_Maitre_PipierJR _hornMM.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 0
  • LTbathesSOTVid1.mp4
    17.4 MB
  • OTsStairSleep1.jpg
    OTsStairSleep1.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 0
Last smoke of the day is Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. Still have a few things to do, including checking on the ferals.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

It was about 900 miles each way but the traffic jams in Connecticut and New York added a few hours each way plus the alternator replacement lost us a day. We met some wonderful people viewed some great scenery and had two fantastic visits with Jim and his wife, we don't regret a minute of the
The furthest point south to the furthest point north in Britain is something like 874 miles long, which only goes to show how tiny we are, to how massive America is.
And for yourself and Lynda to drive all that way, to pick up those scampers, tells me those kittens have some awesome Human Parents. You have my deepest and sincerest respect buddy.

Good Morning!
Chores are done on this 60° cloudy morning. When I woke up this morning one of the Scampers was on the chair beside my side of the bed. I gave him some attention got out of bed and he ran downstairs with his brother and waited for breakfast. Chores start by letting the dog out and feeding the cats.

I'm starting the day with GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat along with a k-cup of coffee. We'll be heading out to the box store to pickup my prescriptions, shop the pet section and replenish my blueberry stock.

A bit of a late start for me, on what appears to be an overcast, somewhat gloomy day here in blighty. But not to be despondent, I'm going to fill a Pete Shamrock 221 with some Early morning pipe, a large and very frothy Cappuccino sits on the side, as I wish you all a great day 😊

Good morning,
Smoking a Bari Wiking freehand ,MB 7 seas regular blend, Large mug of Yukon coffee. I woke up to yet another rainy day, So ,I won`t be getting much done today. I have a project pipe to work on-It`s a continental king size Rhodesian thats had a hard life. It`s been someone``s favorite for many years,but never maintained! If nothing else,maybe I can learn a few new things about pipe restoration.

Good morning. On my walk to work, I smoked Tobaccopipes.com's May mystery blend #1. I usually stick to blends lower in nicotine and this one had too much for me.
I only smoked for around two minutes before I found myself wanting to stop.
I'm a big baby and a pipe smoking novice, ill try this one again in a few years.

Good morning laddies. Beautiful day here in the mountains. Having Zippos recipe Tumbleweed in a big Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy with a big mug of cowboy 🤠 coffee. Marty left, Angel came, so still have 4 doggies in the house. Right now Angel is sitting in my lap while Carole walks the other 3 with our neighbor. Couldn't get a good picture, arm isn't long enough, lol. Zippo buddy, you're right about this being a big country. A few years ago I drove from my house in Oxnard to stay with my sister in Florida for a few weeks. Just a hair under 2500 miles. Took me 4 days. Nice thing is a lot of it is still sparsely populated. Here in Arizona, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, N. Dakota. We hate big cities. Would love to live in a small village like yours. Have a great day my friends.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515_081031_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_081031_Gallery.jpg
    727 KB · Views: 0