What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a bowl of Country Squire Picayune Pancake in a newly-acquired Dr. Grabow (an inexpensive win on eBay) with an accompanying bottle of Angry Orchard Green Apple cider, and then a bowl of CS Summer Breeze peach-flavored aromatic in my MM mini, washed down with a Leinenkugel Juicy Peach lager. Each was a nice combo!
IMG_8255.jpeg

Not far from finishing this bowl of 2017 Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard with a tapered black acrylic stem. This pipe has only seen this blend and does very well.
M.T. Natural.jpg

Yesterday: Abner the Eager showed up today with a completely healed leg, and a big appetite. He got plenty of attention, but left because Harry the Hairy made him nervous. Harry’s spending a lot of time here lately, and tries to sneak in the house, too. Tomato the Brave was afraid to go near the back door this afternoon because of Harry. It was raining, so I picked Tomato up and brought him inside for about an hour. On two occasions, he wanted to go out, but when he would see Harry on the other side, Tomato ran back behind my chair. He stayed on top of it for a while, which seldom happens. I figure that was his safe spot from Sam and her two scampers. After m’lady cleaned out the scampers’ litter box, Daisy the Feral Princess showed her contempt for them by laying in it.

So far, we've no luck finding homes for the two kittens.

Last edited:
Passing the half way through this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a straight smooth dark brown in a 1950s Comoy’s Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough left for a smaller bowl.
Comoy’s_Deluxe 20_MM billiard.jpg

Today: There was relative calm with the ferals, although Harry the Hairy is getting more obstinate about wanting to come inside. Lately, he’s wanted attention more than food, and has been eating less than usual. At the end of my second set of walks, Abner the Eager was waiting for me. I picked him up to bring him in to eat. When we got to the deck, he growled at Tomato the Brave, who was at the deck steps waiting for me. When I got near the door, he growled at Harry. I put Abner back outside after he ate.
AbnerEat1.jpg

Long Tail and especially the shy orange tabby have spent some of the day, and most of the evening sleeping by my side, bathing my arm and hand, and fighting each other. It was raining so we let Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave in, and Harry was upset that he couldn’t. Daisy ate and went to sleep. Tomato spent an hour in a safe spot from momma Sam and the scampers, but when he wanted out, he went to the back door, and did a little business. He’s never done that before, so out he went, and out he’s going to stay. We’ll let him in to eat, but he’s not staying inside any more after that. I hate it after all these years, but once was enough as Abner found out when he did it.
LTEatOTTailLap1.jpg

HarryCries1.jpg
TomatoChairTop1.jpg

Last edited:
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Newminister 400 Superior Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Time to clean a few pipes.
1948_Parker_patent 23 bulldog..jpg

Did some low calorie snacking, and have passed the first third of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

OTSideSnooze1.jpg

OTSideSnoozeClose.jpg
OTSideSnoozeHand.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am half way through this bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in an undated straight smooth brown Crosby Saint Andrews “Merchant Service-like Bing” with a silverish band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
St.Andrews_Bing #1 copy.jpg

The scampers woke me up by using my legs as a racetrack, so I'm awake and almost half way through this bowl of year 2018 D&R Windsail in a smooth straight pre-transition Barling 313 T.V.F. EXEXEL pot with a black ebonite saddle stem. Doing some research.
Barling_EXEXEL_pot.jpg

It's a lovely morning in the Bluegrass! I just returned from walking Jacksie. I started a bowl of MB Mixture: Scottish in the BBB 204 straight billiard wirh tapered stem, the "Dog-Lunter". I'm now seated outside finishing the bowl with a cup of coffee. Yesterday I mentioned how I've come to appreciate this pipe. And this blend is growing on me. In the past I've had a little trouble getting and keeping it lit, and I'd puff hard resulting in a hot smoke. My technique is improving, but I think this pipe's performance makes a difference as well.
20240223_101428.jpg

Good Morning!
It's an overcast morning and I came down stairs and found that one of the cats over ate and regurgitated in multiple places. Based on the quantity and because she was absent for breakfast I believe it was Zita. After cleaning up I took care of the outdoor animals and then the birdhouse flocks and rabbits. Now it's time for GLP Westminster in a Rob Roy and a cup of coffee.

How are the kittens
The kittens have claimed the living room and accepted Bella as their surrogate mother! After eating they have a burst of energy and play for an hour or two then sleep. They've stopped hissing at Winston, our dog, but haven't tried to play with him yet.
17161227195187608993915937895417.jpg

Left to right Archie, Billy and Bella.

Smoking another bowl of Cult red moon, this time in a Bari Wiking freehand. I am pleasantly surprised by this tobacco,it`s one of the better aro`s that I have had lately. I tried it years ago and I did not care for it. Did they improve it? I`m no Jim, but to me it`s a cherry chocolate Cavendish with a nice room note, the toppings are not overdone and it has NO bite. I will order more soon.

The kittens have claimed the living room and accepted Bella as their surrogate mother! After eating they have a burst of energy and play for an hour or two then sleep. They've stopped hissing at Winston, our dog, but haven't tried to play with him yet.
View attachment 18880
Left to right Archie, Billy and Bella.
Billy has dog bones on his collar? That's warped, Bali.🤪