A New Acquisition

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshoowah

Reaction score
Once upon a time (roughly a year and half ago), I purchased a pipe lighter that was fashioned after an IM Corona Old Boy. It was greatly pleasing to the eye and an astonishing light. These traits quickly deteriorated as time passed. The light became less and less frequent until it was just a false legend of once was. After many months of frustration were spent on what seemed like a lost cause, the lighting wheel stopped sparking and what once seemed like a wonderful purchase slowly faded into the abyss of terrible acquisitions. Thus, I became perplexed as to what to do with this so called quality lighter. Then, I took two young, curious friends to Schwab's to look for their first pipe purchase. It was there that I found the pipe lighter I had so desired for some time, but had yet to find because I had no idea what shape the desire would take. A pipe was purchased, a discount was given, and a lighter was bought with what the discount saved. My once not so great Mercury pipeline lighter had met its maker, but my new and wonderful Xikar had met its new owner. What made this Xikar so wonderful? It came with a lifetime replacement warranty. Oh, how justice rings true.

585gm.jpg

So begins the journey of pipe, piper, and lighter.