A new custom knife for the fold

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
There's a pair of brothers who frequent our local Farmers Market and come from Nottingham NH. They make custom knives, cutting boards and other wooden products.

I stopped by their tent this morning and saw the real craftsmanship of their knives up close and personal and this beautiful Damascus Boning Knife followed me home. Here are the specs:
Hand Forged Colin MacCrea 15n20 blade with hamon line
Bloodwood Saya for blade protection
Handle: Desert Ironwood
Pins: Copper Mosaic 1/4 inch
Spacer Material: white g10
Bolster: Hand Poured pewter
banjo

35850501680_c9474555c9_k_d.jpg

35850502100_4b8daf94a4_k_d.jpg

Their website is http://www.JensenBrothersCusoms.com

Man, that's purty! Looks real solid and functional too. :afro:

Lol, I use an iPad Pro most of the time and am sure if I turned my beast on which has a 37" screen the knife would be well over 2' but it's less tha 4" long on the iPad Pro's screen but I can vouch for the dimensions I gave Ozark Wizard since that's the lengths of what is in the knife drawer. ;)
banjo

Richard Burley":0c7fa2ue said:
fishnbanjo":0c7fa2ue said:
Ozark, oal is 12 3/4", blade is 8 1/4" handle 4 1/2"
banjo

Ozark Wizard":0c7fa2ue said:
How long is it?
Huh. I measured it on my screen and it's over two feet long. :scratch:

Here is some of the other members that of the fold. My custom Chefs knife was made by west coast Bladesmith Michael Rader he was chosen as Bladesmith of the year when I had received it, fantastic and extremely functional Damascus Blade.
36116707871_629495d9ac_z_d.jpg

Then I had a French style knife made by knife maker Ray Banks which is Damascus as well.
36209665036_db8d6727e9_b_d.jpg

I also picked an early Sabatier for $1 at the thrift shop.
36209664916_7b1b8efdec_b_d.jpg

My bread knife is a Shun Classic Damascus Bread Knife.
36251589765_3f7b0ef6c0_z_d.jpg

For breaking things down and heavy duty chopping is this Randall Chefs Knife.
36209664796_3360094801_z_d.jpg

Plus I've picked up a few Wüsthof and Henckels slicing and paring knives at local yard sales.
banjo

A whole lot of awesome blades. Man that Randall is something I have never seen, I love it!

Banjo, thanks for sharing!! Awesome looking knife you picked up recently and I also like the others posted, being a knife person myself. I surely miss working on and making knives.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Sante: Did you know world renowned pipe maker, Rolando Negoita, is making Chef's Knives? Maybe you can get him to do a matching "Pipe and Knife" set? :king:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pj-RpSYnigg" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>
https://www.rolaknives.com/shop.html

DoverPipes, really appreciate you posting this video. I had no idea this outstanding pipe maker also made knives. As a former knife maker I enjoyed this video immensely.
Now he needs too also make some fixed blade hunting knives, those will surely sell immediately!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":80mt3qlt said:
DoverPipes, really appreciate you posting this video. I had no idea this outstanding pipe maker also made knives. As a former knife maker I enjoyed this video immensely.
Now he needs too also make some fixed blade hunting knives, those will surely sell immediately!!
KEEP ON PUFFING!!!  
He does!!!
He makes fixed blade, folders, Ulus with cutting boards, pipe knife / tools, tampers  etc.
He made me this slip joint folder from a re-purposed lawn mower blade. The scales are carbon fiber.

DP

Thanks for sharing the picture. Now I'm going to do some research on the maker. Oh, old lawn mower blades when heat treated and forged make great knife blades...60 to 62 HRC. Also old car leaf spring metal. One of my personal favorites is a knife I made from an old rasp, much work to achieve the proper HRC once you anneal the steel, it must then be re-tempered, but well worth it at the end. The file knife holds the best edge out of all of my knives, and I have many. One can actually shave with this knife, I have!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I have one of his pipes and it will be smoked soon, had no idea he made knives, sigh more things to investigate!
banjo

In the mean time yins can look at these....

35561822573_4522ae900e_o_d.jpg

36201760382_4008806fa3_o_d.jpg

36201759982_e6b4fb6520_o_d.jpg

36201760152_8c942c5bdf_o_d.jpg

35561822493_0bb50fba1f_o_d.jpg

Wow, just wow!

Some seriously beautiful blades in this post. I have always had a week spot for damascus blades.

Jim