Alas, my favorite shirt is torn.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyTweed

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I'm sure this has happened to a few of you time and again. You purchase a shirt and find yourself wearing it more and more. Even to the point that you notice 50% of all the photos people have of you happen to be wearing said shirt. Then one careless day you are working and catch a bit of it on some angle-iron and tear a 4 inch hole in it. A tragic tale indeed.

My shirt was actually a green plaid classic flannel from Eddie Bauer. Durable, comfortable, wash and wear. It also made a guy look like he could build you a set of cabinets. I paid 50 hard earned canadian red-backs(50's are red in Canada) and should have bought the whole rack!

Though my tale might have a happy ending as after talking to a couple of branches in the city they say their new flannels will be coming in this fall, with a few of the classic styles making an appearance.

You need some green plaid duct tape, that shit will look good as new ;)

if my girlfriend would never know i would do it in a heart beat. I'm also thinking of ripping the sleeves off ala Larry the Cable guy.

SmokeyTweed":kgye1x3p said:
if my girlfriend would never know i would do it in a heart beat. I'm also thinking of ripping the sleeves off ala Larry the Cable guy.
You can wear it sleeveless under a blazer and nobody will be the wiser. Chris Meloni does that whenever he's fliming SVU--low-budget TV magic!

You might try taking it to your local dry cleaners / alteration shop. For a couple dollars, they might be able to stitch it up so it's functional.

Another suggestion is to check your local thrift / charity shops. I've bought many lightly used work shirts + pants over the years for pennies on the dollar compared to new.