Answers to questions we have had about our space program

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This "situation" popped up during my USAF days deploying in jet fighters "across the pond" for long (my longest was 14 hrs!!) hours, usually while wearing a survival suit (affectionately called a poopy suit!!). We had "piddle packs," medium-sized thick plastic baggies with a sponge inside for us to "piddle." All well and good for a guy; not so good for a female, but at this time, there were no female fighter types. There were, however, a few female flight surgeons! We had one back in the F-105 days. On our scheduled deployment to England many years ago, she decided that she wanted to personally experience what it was like to deploy/fly all that distance while confined in a fighter cockpit. Since we had one "family model (two-seat") F-105, we scheduled her to fly with us. Several of us did talk with her about the physiological challenges of such a trip for her. Her reply was "I understand and I'll take care of it!" She cathed herself for the journey!! Had a great time, really enjoyed the experience so much she flew back with us when we deployed back to the States!! :cheers: FTRPLT

I always wondered about farting and belching in space.
Thankfully they found out.