Any expierience with these lighters?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertpiper

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these lighters or have information on them? I've never seen them before.

An Austrian IMCO type lighter. As I remember from some old Zippo literature, those lighters were the reason Zippos were invented. George Blaisdell, the founder, thought he could do better.  Interesting artifact, though, and cool looking.

Because of their design, they are not going to be a good choice for a pipe lighter. Once you slide the wind cover up to strike the lighter, the wick is recessed. Very cool design for a cigarette smoker tho.

That's what used to be called a doughboy lighter. Not sure why. They were popular amongst G.Is in Europe during ww2 I believe. I had one when I was in high school. Not sure you can light a pipe with it though. It's designed to be a wind proof cigarette lighter. I got mine from smoky mountain knife works if I recall correctly.

Jevverrett":ulus08wg said:
That's what used to be called a doughboy lighter. Not sure why. They were popular amongst  G.Is in Europe during ww2 I believe. I had one when I was in high school. Not sure you can light a pipe with it though. It's designed to be a wind proof cigarette lighter. I got mine from smoky mountain knife works if I recall correctly.
Actually, the term "doughboy" originated during the Mexican American War. It is a nickname given to young men who dropped out of school to join the Army.

I believe the trench lighter originated during WWI, when the term doughboy was still being used.

Haha. I should have paid better attention to the O.P. It says WW1 right on the box.