Any other mustache aficionados?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay_Williams

Reaction score
video_10.jpg

Growing out the ol' handlebars again!

bully!

I have a rather pedestrian moustache. Nothing to brag about but it keeps my lip warm.

a little girl once told me "mustache's are wings for your nose" ...i found it warm and it made me smile

Jay_Williams":xghhafqk said:
a little girl once told me "mustache's are wings for your nose" ...i found it warm and it made me smile
:cheers:

that's the most awesome thing I've ever heard. Makes my nose want to fly. :roll:

Here's my recent 'stache. Had a beard for around 7-8 months and told my GF I'd keep the mustache when I shaved it. She kinda likes mustaches, so I'll keep it for now hah.

Xren6.jpg

The mustache is a much under appreciated bit of facial hair. Been watching a lot of 70s cinema, and those people knew a good mustache when they saw one.

I would grow one, but working in law enforcement we have a half inch limit on facial hair, and I would prefer a grand, Puerto Rican style stache.

cakeanddottle":bta31bkl said:
I would grow one, but working in law enforcement we have a half inch limit on facial hair, and I would prefer a grand, Puerto Rican style stache.
Half-inch??? The stache made law enforcement great!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z5rRZdiu1UE" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess the mighty PD moustache has gone the way of the service revolver. Glocks and cold upper lips... a different world we live in.

I want one, but my facial hair isn't ideal. My genes have imposed a 1/4" limit on my upper lip hair--it grows everywhere else, though!

I've got the handlebar thing going on as well. Full beard too. Had both since I was about 18 and only shaved them off twice in almost 40 years, but quickly re-grew them since I'm just used to it and I kinda look odd without them.

Then again I look odd period!

:geek:

Cheers,

RR

I've had a mustache since I was in my early 20's. I'm nearly 58 now, so it's pretty much a permanent part of the landscape for me.

I've shaved it off a couple of times over the years, but grew it back almost immediately. I look really dumb without one...well, I may look dumb with one, but less dumb maybe!

I really like the post about the little girl saying a mustache was "wings for your nose." A couple of my daughter's friends have commented on my 'stache: one boy told her "your dad's mustache is majestic!" I got a laugh out of that. Another of her friends once said to "say hello to your dad's mustache."

I've been trying to do the handlebar thing for the past couple of years. I get pretty good results with Pinaud mustache wax.

By the way, for you handlebar aficionados, check out www.handlebarclub.com.

Mike

You bet. When I'm in the mood, I can get a Rollie Fingers thing going, but I wax it to keep it manageable in any case. I like Oregon Wild Hair Moustache Wax over the Pinaud's, I order it online.

I've tried the wax for a handlebar but failed. My "cop stache" is full, bushy and points downward. About ten years ago I added the full beard. I'm keeping both just the way god wants them till they put me in a box. Love the latakia aromas on both from my last pipe in the evening as I hit the pillow for latakia pipe dreams.

Had a full moustache a few days ago but shaved it down to a stubble-stache just for grooming purposes and because it is SO DAMN HOT!

I had been smoking Frog Morton and a local blend that contained latakia and liked that I could get a good mustache note from it. But now, it is too short to be able to get the after affect. Luckily my facial grows really fast so I can get it back pretty quick if I want to.

Absolutely required equipment for the full enjoyment of a pipe. A SHOUT OUT to all brothers starting now to put one on before there is a mustache tax enacted by congress. Try one out for size and you'll never again go out in public with a nude face. Give us progress reports and then take my dare not to go the full route. Before you know it you'll be a sport with a full beard. Your stache and your beard will be reminding you when it's time to light up for your next smoke. By that time you'll be purchasing your first Oom Paul if you don't already have one and you'll understand why those of us like Tim Haggerty are always smiling at ya.

166427_194598753886020_100000076916918_744482_3892056_n.jpg

It's a little longer over the jaw, kind of curls inward like a schnauzer 'stache. I'm a member.

The beard comes and goes, but the mustache has been in place since 1975!