Anybody Dip Snuff?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter5117

Reaction score
I headed out for about 3 days on the road this week and forgot to take my dry snuff. I got hankering for some Vit N and didn't feel like a pipe so I bought a tin of Skoal. My oldest son uses Cope and has been on me to try it. In short, not too bad. I used to chew a bit when younger but never tried dip. Anyway, by the end of the trip I pretty much had it figured out, and found the nicotine just what I needed to keep awake on my 700 mile return trip yesterday.

Anybody else here dip snuff? I don't know if I intend to use it on a regular basis but when working outside or driving seems like a pretty good tobacco fix.

I dip Scotch snuff now and again. Never taken moist dip.

I just tried chewing (Britsh-style) plug for the first time... man, did that ever pack a wallop. Not for me, thanks!

I have dipped moist snuff. In my quest to stop smoking cigarettes. I found moist snuff to be dehydrating due to my overactive saliva glans (glands?) I do enjoy the skoal apple, citrus, berry, mint, grape flavors I have found from different manufactures or suppliers companies brands.
I tend to use the less expensive brands because they (to me) are just as good as the more expensive brands. I prefer a long cut, the finer cuts for me are more abrasive to the lip.
I use moist snuff when in the deer stand filming or at the fishing pond. I do like moist snuff as a substitute to smoking. I have not exactly tried american dry snuff as a dip, but i'm betting one day I will. All I keep in my pocket now is some kind of nasal snuff. Thanks to all you nice fellers on BoB what got me interested in this hobby (snuffing)I say Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!
I still smoke about one bowl of pipe tobacco a day just cause I love that also.
Ed

I may be the last person on Earth that uses Skoal Bandits, but I like em for when you can't smoke and the pouches keep the grit out of your teeth.

Can a day Copenhagen Snuff(Silver lid fine cut) guy myself. Since the age of 12.

I always enjoyed the full leaf chewing blends like Levi Garrett, Beech Nut, and Red Man Golden Blend. As for the canned moist snuff Kodiak and Hawken were my favorites. I couldn't hang with Copenhagen, the flavor and the strength were a bit too much for me. It's been years since I have had "a pinch between the lip and gums." :lol:

I do still enjoy nasal snuff.

I agree with Mister E., dipping is way too messy. The constant spitting is just gnarly, especially the spurts of brown you get from the whole leaf chews. Pa'tuuuiee! :p

I had tob learn at a young age to be able to swallow like snus. Not the best for ya health wise, ill admit. Hard to carry ya a spitjug into highschool though. I wouldnt recommend it on a regular basis if ya dont have to though.

I rotate between nasal snuff, pipes, and Oliver Twist tobacco bits all day long. The Oliver Twist are no spit so they are convenient.

My grandmother dipped snuff for many many years. Kinda gross but all dipping tends to be IMO. Whatever floats yer boat though. :)

It does do a job on your gums and teeth. Keep everything cleaned (brush well, floss and rinse. crap has a lot of time to cake in there when you're asleep) a few times a day and heed your dentist's warnings if you have receding gums or other issues.