Anyone own a Timbuk2 bag?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Timbuk2 Messenger bag..

I looked at a Tumi for quite awhile before ordering a Timbuk2 almost $150 cheaper.... Just curious if anyone has one? Decent stuff?

I was also looking at Tumi's for quite some time. I ended up with a Manhattan Portage, and so far (about 2 years now) it's held up nicely.

The Timbuk2's do look cool.

i've got a Timbuk2 i designed and ordered a bunch of years back. still looks like it's brand new (when i clean it!).

rugged as all get-out. crazy functional.

i recently picked up a small Chrome over-the-shoulder bag for when i'm ust out and about with my 12" tablet and sundries. i was not schooled in Chrome before, but i'm impressed with their build quality as well, fwiw.

for more traditional tastes, i'm a big fan of the various Briggs & Riley laptop bags. i own one that's showing some wear these days, but it's been around the world a few times.

that said, my Timbuk2 has been around the world more (it's my go-to the last few years for long-haul travel) and it's frickin' Mack frickin' truck. frickin'.

big fan of Timbuk2.

good luck!

doody.

My wife and I both own Timbuk2 bags. Mine is their 'Aviator' model, while she has their 'Phoenix' model. I love mine. It is my primary carry-on bag for world traveling. It is actually the only bag I took with me when we went to the UK. Stuffed it full of clothes, toiletries, etc. Survived with flying colors and with plenty of space for what I needed it for.

I'd buy another bag in a heartbeat.

I don't own one, but I've read up on them. Usually made of Cordura/ballistic nylon (i.e., bombproof) unless otherwise specified. Interesting thing to note: all timbuk2 gear isn't made in the US (if you care about that sort of thing). They have manufacturing sites in China, Indonesia, Thailand, AND SF, USA. Pre-fab bags are manufactured overseas, but made-to-order bags are made in San Francisco.

I don't own one but will a Swaine Addney Brigg case do ? :twisted: :twisted:

Couple months late on the reply Kenny. Lol. I own two of their xs messengers now. One I scored of ebay is from the flip phone days, the other I bought from ebags.com. Great company to deal with.

Both of them are quality and exceeding my needs. N

Yeah I figured as much...I just joined up :) Glad to hear they work for you man. I've heard nothing but good stuff about them.

If you desire one and display a little patience and don't care to much about color choice you can grab them very very cheap on ebay. If I recall correctly the one I purchased off ebay was under $20.. Granted it's an older model without the water bottle pocket but it has more pockets and they are laid out better on the inside than the new models.