Awesome tobacco tin display yet to do.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiemike

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I have about 100+ empty tins of pipe tobacco that I would love to display.
I saw this idea somewhere could have been Pinterest or sorry if it was here.
I have ordered different tins especially in the last 10 years not for the contents but for the amazing graphics on the labels and in turn experienced tobacco that I would have not tried so it has been a win win for my collection and pipe tobacco pallet.

We have some amazing, skilled, artistic, gifted members here and would love any ideas and if you make one show us.
Ok make a picture frame and attach tins to it simple.

1. My thoughts are I will go to a local screen printer and obtain hopefully free or cheap all their off cuts from the fridge magnets they make for the "glue" to the metal backing board of the frame. This way it doesn't spoil the tin in any way.

2. The frame I feel I have 3 options for any suggestions welcome;

The fancy pants frame?

1698983957039.png

The old fence paling frame?

1698984081989.png

Branch picture frame?

1698984481835.png

1698984529157.png

I am liking the branch look, I also can get some old weathered pallings from a mates farm but I guess it depends where you want to hang it the man cave, living room, dunny or probably where ever the little darling will let ya hang it :ROFLMAO:

I also have a lot of pipes that are cactus, broken or I will never smoke and was thinking of sticking them to the frame would look cool too I reckon.

I hope you guys are more motivated than me but this project is one of many on my lists cant wait to see anyone's masterpieces (y)

I have a big pile of empty tins as well. I had considered doing that because I like the artwork on a lot of the labels. Unfortunately here in the United States of Big Brother the law requires we have ugly surgeon generals warnings covering up half the label, ruining the beauty of it.

Must've been nice to live centuries ago when Darwin kept the herd thin by culling the low IQ specimens and adults didn't need babysitting.

I have a big pile of empty tins as well. I had considered doing that because I like the artwork on a lot of the labels. Unfortunately here in the United States of Big Brother the law requires we have ugly surgeon generals warnings covering up half the label, ruining the beauty of it.

Must've been nice to live centuries ago when Darwin kept the herd thin by culling the low IQ specimens and adults didn't need babysitting.
so true mate, I go to the occasional antique markets and pick up some real old tins also. got some nice log cabins ones If and when I get around to it I would like to make a seperate display cause most of them are rusty crusty.