• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BEWARE!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Or...be wary!

The holiday selling season is upon us. Guys will be offering pipes, tobaccos, knicknacks, etc. 95% of what will be offered is going to be darn near perfect...just what you would want. The other 5% is going to be crap. It may be deceptively described or important details might be left out. A pipe could have a crack, hard to tell. Tobacco claimed to be sealed might be opened. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

We get complaints about this stuff regularly. Below please note our site's official policy and how we will help you in case something goes wrong...

WE WON'T DO A DARN THING! YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!

Yeah, that's it. We've said and said it and said it. So there it is again.

Ask questions of the person you're trading with or buying from in advance about dispute resolution. Use PayPal since they have a money recovery thing. Know the person you're doing business with. Check out their history in the Better Business Bureau section.

Again - don't bother asking us for help cause there's nothing we can or will do. Ever. Period.

As always...thank you for your support - and - have a nice day.

OK - more basics...

A. Do report any issues, problems, etc. to ME so we can at least monitor things. If out and out fraud is taking place we can always ban someone so others won't be likely to fall victim.

B. Reports like that, issues, etc. should be made to ME. Lucky me...I am sole Moderator of the Trading Post. Sending comments, questions, etc. to Admin or other Mods will only get it forwarded to me...a burden that the other staffer doesn't need in the best of times but especially during the holidays...a busy period for site stuff.

C. Contrary to vicious rumors and innuendo...we do not have a banning quota. In fact we have randomly banned someone only rarely, and then in the spirit of fun normally associated with some national holiday. It makes things more festive. So if you find yourself banned, it's likely that you were caught trolling...you might have called out a Moderator in a Public Forum area...or perhaps argued with a Moderator. Any of those are valid reasons for being banned. And of course the random holiday thing.

D. "Get Out of Being Banned Free" cards can be purchased directly from Puros Bran. Just PM him with your cash offer.

So have a truly happy non-specific politically correct holiday season. We're thrilled that you chose to be here with us this year.

TTFN

Well said. The rules here are quite easy to follow.
As always, buyer beware.
I'm stopping one practice of mine, or at least adding an option.
I typically ask for payment via Paypal and the "Family & Friends" method but that limits a buyers protection.
So, lately I've amended to offering that method or add 3% and go through the regular payment method with fees applied.

Ye.s, those details are part of payment procedures and OK for open forum...along with details on the item(s) for sale or trade, specific price, cost added for shipping (if any), method of payment accepted, and whether the item(s) are being offered for sale or trade elsewhere.

That's actually a violation of PayPal policy...
The asking 3% to cover the charge, buying/selling tobacco or tobacco related products, etc, etc, and so forth. You can argue that Article two specifically states cigarettes but you will be making the argument over a frozen account. Ask me how I know.

Guess I should count myself fortunate so far. Knock on wood....

So this means that I can't ask the members here to join with me in saving an imprisoned Nigerian Businessman who has all of his funds tied up in an off shore account that he can't get to and needs our help?

Sounds like a sweet deal to me, all we have to do is send him $3562.95 each in the form of Target & Walmart Gift Cards, and he will repay each and every one of us $50,000!!!

You Mods spoil all of our joy!!!!

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

P.S.,

"Kyle Black" asked if he could join our Secret Santa and our next bombing run........

:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Dover - your international buddies are your own concern. Nothing of what I said really pertains to them. On the other hand - raffles, requests for funds, etc. are also verboten...so yeah, that aspect is true.

And Kyle needs to ask on his own. (Not sure who Kyle Black IS or why that is supposed to be funny.)

Kyle was / is a well known scammer on this and other forums........

We also need to double check stuff. I set up a trade and had 5 tins of one tobacco. It was completely by chance that I gave the one going out a little shake. It seemed like there was more movement than what I thought there should be. Sure enough I checked the others and there was not much movement. The tin was a square one and when I squeezed it I realized the seal was gone. If it had gone out it would not have been intentional and I take pride in my integrity. I would have made it right as well but still I would not like to have had my integrity come into question. So we need to remember to police ourselves. I am glad I did.