Blue Oyster Cult - Shooting Shark (Live)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_In_MO

Smoker of Fine Aromatics
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, Shooting Shark isn't one of their heavier tunes and there's an abvious 80's flare, but it's talented nonetheless.

Donald Roeser (Buck Dharma) is one of the all-time greatest Improv guitarists of all time. From about 5:40 on he takes over and his real talent shines! Gotta love that Steinberger...

This show is also Rudy Sarzo's (bassist for Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osbourne) first performance with the Cult.

Of course the video and sound quality is poor, but it's obviously done with a camcorder and is posted on YouTube - so this is to be expected.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TSn6JqineZw" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very cool, BOC was one of my favorites. I missed a chance to see them play locally this past summer, and after seeing this video, I regret not taking that opportunity.
That last time I saw BOC was with Black Sabbath on the Black & Blue Tour, but sadly I don't remember much from that concert...(Mob Rules album?)