Brebbia Pipe Polish

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vaguely remember reading of this, and deciding against it based on user reviews. Is it a wax? If so, I've read time and again that Paragon is the best one for stems and smooth briars whereas Halycon II works best for rusticated pipes. Wish I could tell you more, that's all I got.

I've never used their pipe polish, but Brebbia pipe sweetener gave one of my pipes an odd minty flavor that took forever to go away.

I got some. Works okay on stems, but I haven't tried buffing, just wiping hard. Also worked well on silver military mounts, etc.

Says you can use it on the bowl. Don't, unless it's smooth. Sandblasted or, worse, (carved) rusticated, and it will go into the little crevices and won't come out easily. I had to use a toothpick in each and every little indentation to get it out.

I bought the polish and used it on several of my beautiful Sav. Autograph's 4 & 5's. It took the beautiful shine right OFF my pipes. I also tried the pipe sweetener. It made my smokes taste minty for at least 12 bowls. :(

If this is in a spray can, then it is using butane as a propellant. Hence, spraying it right on your pipe will result in the butane attacking the pipe's finish.

What you want to do is take a soft cloth and spray the pipe polish on the cloth, then let it dry. Then you will have treated cloth to polish your pipes with. The treatment lasts for about 10 pipe cleanings. Then re-treat the cloth. I suggest going to a dollar store and buying microfiber cloth. It is soft and available in a number of colours so you can colour code your cloths to keep track of what is treated and what isn't.

I've used Briar Pipe Wipe for years now with good results.

I prefer the denicare pipe polish..its more of a wax and shines up nicely..I have the brebbia but recently stopped useing it..the results were not as good

Do NOT use this on the bowl if you have any type of clear top coat. It will strip it clean off.
So unless you have a shiny pipe that you think would look better matte, steer clear.
I too like the Denicare wax. Rubbing it on is something productive to do while killing brain cells in front of the television.

i find the denicare works best when rubbed in with my fingertips