Calling Walleye Fisherman

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping to be! Two of my brothers and I have a week booked at a fishing lodge on the French River, ON (running between Lake Nipissing and Georgian Bay) at the end of May. Normally, I'd prefer to catch bass, but the season for them here doesn't open til late June. Our main target will be walleye on this trip. :D

My boat will go back in the water this weekend as I took it out just before my knee replacement in the middle June. Time for a few summertime cruises before me favorite fish (walleye) comes back to the river.

Anybody got any good fish stories this summer?

Java3

The lake has been pretty consistent but, the river is awful slow. We did catch a few the last couple of days. We have had our share of rain that has mucked up the water due to runoff..............I guess it pays to go to the lake. My buddy caught a nice lake sturgeon on the last day of the season yesterday and smoked it today. I'm hoping the shiner run happens as the fall river fishing here on Rainy River is my favorite.

How is everybody else's fall fishing going.

Java3

Caught my fair share of marble eyes both jigging salt and pepper Mr twister and leadhead, and handing the Detroit River Canadian side