Cellar Pic

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
Cutshot has inspired me to snap a photo of my cellar as it stands at the moment (having jettisoned over 160 'collectable' tins since December of last year for financial reasons) - currently standing at 259 tins / 35 lbs - all being stuff I do or would want to smoke. With the exception of a few things here and there, all the aged stuff is long gone - most here is newer production. I hope by the end of this year, depending on circumstances, to be up to around 45 pounds tinned. My goal is to stock up on GLP, McCraine's RR & RF, some C&D blends, and the Robert Lewis lineup.

In addition, here is what I am smoking at the moment (i.e., open tins):

What did Errol Flynn say? Something about how sad a man's life was if he died with more than 5 bucks in the bank and 2 bottles in his wine cellar? I'm sure that applies to tins, too. When's the 'clear my cellar smoke-in' gonna happen?

beaupipe":4vhe92cp said:
What did Errol Flynn say? Something about how sad a man's life was if he died with more than 5 bucks in the bank and 2 bottles in his wine cellar? I'm sure that applies to tins, too. When's the 'clear my cellar smoke-in' gonna happen?
And what was it that Walter Benjamin said about a collector: "Naturally, his existence is tied to many other things as well: to a very mysterious relationship to ownership ... also, to a relationship to objects which does not emphasize their functional, utilitarian value - that is, their usefulness - but studies and loves them as the scene, the stage, of their fate." ("Unpacking My Library", in W. Benjamin, "Illuminations", New York: Schocken Books, 1969, pg. 60).

If you have any excess tins you would like to dispose of, I would most gladly take them off your hands. I can assure you they would get the love and attention they deserve.

Cheers.

A very impressive collection of high quality tobaccos!

Looks to me like you have your work cut out for you over the next several years.

It doesn't take long to tie up some substantial cash when cellaring tins for the future.

The good thing is by the time you get around to some of it, it will have some age on it.

Another nice selection and storage setup! Thanks for sharing. I do see some older Ashton tins....Pebblecut, Brindle Flake and Black Parrot I believe.

Jim