Chronicle of A Stay In Kentucky

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gilbert, woke up this morning, with this reply.....

He should provide some low res "proofs" either digitally or print, with a prominent watermark to the various mags and ask if he can be a contributor. He should do a little online research and have an idea of pricing as well (I can offer some suggestions on that as well). A Photographer should NEVER sell his work too cheaply, this sends the message "I am not worth very much". Better to slightly over price and let them counter offer, not NOT lowball.

Malt Advocate and The Bourbon Review jump to mind immediately. If it were me, I was also try and find a way to get in touch with Michael Jackson (the booze guy, NOT the dead pervert). I would try and reach out to Mark Gillespie of the Whiskycast Podcast as well. There are others, but they are not jumping into my head right now.

Check out this link, for more detailed info....

http://psd101.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-set-price-for-your-photography.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Psd101+%28PHOTOGRAPHY101+%29&utm_content=Twitter

Thanks a lot, Dutch. Would he be cool with me getting his email? I'd like to show him the photos o get an idea of what a fair price would be and it wuld probably be easier to direct everything directly to him.

I'm supposed to smoke cigars with him on Thursday afternoon. I will ask him. He is a heck if a photographer, and knows a lot about the craft.