cigar sites

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
OK, it's been years since I've ordered any cigars. I'm becoming tired of contributing to my B&M owners retirement so I'm looking for some of the better places to order. Cigars international looks promising. Where is everyone ordering from?

I have a love/hate relationship with CI. They're like the Wal-Mart of cigars. Their prices are way too good! I like to support local business, but I can, for example, buy a single from the B&M for $8 and a 5 pack from CI for $25. A lot of B&Ms simply cannot compete with CI's prices without going in the hole.

Still, CI has great customer service, fast shipping and an easy to use website with tons of brands. I guess it's just capitalism at its finest.

Thompson occasionally has good deals. I order from them about 3 times a year and have been pretty happy with their customer service, but not their prices.

CI is a quality operation. They have great prices/service and a few brands I can't get from JR. Some great pipe tobacco prices, too.

JR is the King. Their 5-pack deals are the best anywhere. Their Counterfeit series are phenomenal values. Some great smokes to be found among their Alternatives, as well. My JR account is old enough to drink.

Thompson just, plain sucks. Their prices are too high, and I've never had a "TC" branded cigar that was worth smoking.

I haven't bought any cigars in a couple of years as my smoking has dropped a lot and I have a rather large humidor that is still pretty full. When I was buying and filling it up I got a lot of sticks on cigarbid.com. One word of caution, know the online retail price of what you're interested in as it's an auction site and you can easily get carried away with trying to win a box or 5 pack and find yourself paying more than you could have got them for elsewhere.

cigars.com rins a sale all the time that is pretty awesome. you can routinely get like 30% off most stuff, it is cigarsprintsale.com. my husband is totally addicted to it.

The sites I order from fairly regularly:

Cigars International: Great prices and selection, also carries pipes and pipe tobacco

Famous Smoke: Large selection and good prices

JR cigars: Good shipping rates, daily and weekly auctions, also carries pipes and tobacco

Cigar Place: cigar only site has some good deals on Oliva cigars, Fuentes and Padrons as well as many others.

never had a problem with any of them, Prompt delivery and good customer service.

Thanks everyone, I've been checking them out and with the free shipping deals and bonus sampler packs there's some real deals to be had
on some of these sites,,,like dropping a box @ $7 a stick down to about $4.50. But you knew that. (I didn't)

My vendor of choice is Serious Cigars on the web and located in Houston TX. Many box orders are sold with free shipping.

Atlantic Cigar and Cigarplace are the best discount outlets. Cigars are so expensive that I didn't order unless one of them had them in stock.

Odd isn't it that standard (not clearance or on sale) box prices of the same cigar can vary by $40, and exact same samplers by $15.

The markup must be impressive.