Cigarillos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I often enjoy cigarillos, and especially like to smoke them while driving when a regular cigar (or a pipe, of course) is not always the best option. I have tried just about everything easily available over the past years, and always keep at least a few boxes/packs in the humidor (yes, I even store the European 'dry cured' cigarillos in there). Currently, my favorites are:

La Flor Dominicana Daiquiri (natural) 3 1/2 x 28 (these, actually, are long filler)
Nobel Petit Dominican 3 1/2 x 28
Mehari's Ecuador 3 7/8 x 23
Montecristo Habanitos 3 5/8 x 24
CAO Gold Mini 3 1/2 x 20
Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Cigarillos 4 x 24

Any one else enjoy them? Have any recommendations on your favs?

I usually have a tin of Don Zino's Platinum series cigarillos. The full size Plat's are way over price in my opinion, but these are good smokes and priced with everyone else.

the macdonald":g61d1qzb said:
I usually have a tin of Don Zino's Platinum series cigarillos. The full size Plat's are way over price in my opinion, but these are good smokes and priced with everyone else.
I had a tin of the Zino Platinum Scepters some time back and recall that they were well constructed, and had a light EMS wrapper (perhaps 4x30 or thereabouts?) - I have never had the other sizes (expensive, quite right!) but may try another tin of these little ones next time I see one in the shop. Thanks!

The Zinos are good IMO, as are the other Davidoff lines.

The Mehari's are quite good. For a quicker smoke than those, I have found Neos and Panter to be good. I smoke them a fair amount in the winter, as they are quick and tasty.

The Cuban makers produce very tasty cigarillos...but they are way overpriced. 30 CAD for ten of them...

I've been thinking about trying out some of these little guys. Anyone ever tried the Cohiba Black Pequenos or the Rocky Patel Sun Grown Juniors?

jhuggett":2o7xt3fn said:
I've been thinking about trying out some of these little guys. Anyone ever tried the Cohiba Black Pequenos or the Rocky Patel Sun Grown Juniors?
I have tried all of the Rocky Patel Juniors and have found them very well constructed just like the regular vitolas. Not cigarillos, but rather miniature coronas. I also recently bought a 40-count box of the unbanded maduro juniors from Famous - excellent short smokes.

Here are my notes from a 5-count tin of the Sun Grown Juniors from early last year which I cut-and-paste from my cigar tasting notes spread sheet:

Well constructed with a light chocolate wrapper; medium bodied and smooth with notes of wood and a slightly sweet, floral finish. Too floral to buy again.

My fav. is the 1992, in all sizes.

Have not had the Cohiba Black Pequenos yet.

Damn glad you guys started this thread, I've been in the mood for a good cigarillo recently. Now I've got a list to take to the local B&M to see what he's got. :cheers:

I enjoy Romeo and Julieta Grand Reserva minuto petites.
Another favorite of mine is Acid Crush blue label...usually
have a tin of each on hand.

Joe

jhuggett":qhmj4heo said:
Yes, they are both good, I prefer the Cohibas.

I had some Nat Sherman cigarillos. Don't remember under what circumstances I obtained these. They turned up in my car when I traded it in. Only problem, they smoke fast like a cigarette. I usually won't light up a cigar in the car unless it's a long drive. Robusto size cigars do it for me.

Never had Nat Sherman cigarillos...their products aren't available in Canada. But I've had a few of their cigarettes, and if there is any comparison in quality, I'm pretty sure I'd be impressed.

I felt like bumping this, as well to let you all know about Palomitas cigarillos, which I discovered recently...they're downright delicious, and a really quick smoke, if you like fast cigars now and then.