Corking a Calabash

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowtie

Reaction score
Has anyone re-corked an old Calabash? I was the lucky winner of an old one on e-bay that looked like a crap shoot. It appeared to have some problems. I got it for $20 including the shipping cost and expected the worst. It actually was in fine shape. The Meer bowl cleaned up great, the gourd was perfect and hard as a rock. All it needed was a good buffing, a new silver band between the gourd and the stem and new cork at the bowl seal.
I'm confident that I can cobble something up but would welcome some experienced advice.

Jeff....

Bowtie":ev8htnmk said:
Has anyone re-corked an old Calabash? I was the lucky winner of an old one on e-bay that looked like a crap shoot. It appeared to have some problems. I got it for $20 including the shipping cost and expected the worst. It actually was in fine shape. The Meer bowl cleaned up great, the gourd was perfect and hard as a rock. All it needed was a good buffing, a new silver band between the gourd and the stem and new cork at the bowl seal.
I'm confident that I can cobble something up but would welcome some experienced advice.

Jeff....
Did you ever get a PM on this or anything??? I'm in a similar situation with an old calabash, and would like to get it up and running.