Custom Pipe Prices

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klatham

Reaction score
Being fairly new to the world of Pipes, I was wondering what the average or good prices for one off custom pipes would be?

If you're talking about artisan pipes, that varies wildly on the maker. Pipe makers like Kurt Huhn, Sasquatch, Boswell, and myself (granted I'm much more of an amateur than the others) can make you a pretty nice pipe at an affordable price: $100-$300. Then, of course there are Michael Lindner, Hiro Tokutomi, Geiger, S. Bang, Former, Eltang and a couple others that will ask close to a grand for even simpler designs.

My advice is to settle on a budget and start looking at the work of the artisans around. Once you find a pipe maker who is making pipes in your price range and you like the general overall aesthetic of those pipes, go ahead and commission one from them to your specification.

Ocelot55":6klfc0ct said:
If you're talking about artisan pipes, that varies wildly on the maker. Pipe makers like Kurt Huhn, Sasquatch, Boswell, and myself (granted I'm much more of an amateur than the others) can make you a pretty nice pipe at an affordable price: $100-$300. Then, of course there are Michael Lindner, Hiro Tokutomi, Geiger, S. Bang, Former, Eltang and a couple others that will ask close to a grand for even simpler designs.

My advice is to settle on a budget and start looking at the work of the artisans around. Once you find a pipe maker who is making pipes in your price range and you like the general overall aesthetic of those pipes, go ahead and commission one from them to your specification.
I like this advice.

There's also our own Todd Harris, tNd, Mark Tinsky and Rad Davis that do work, and that's in price-o-logical order.

I think the question is, what do you want to spend? Certain makers are also good at specific shapes or finishes as their "signature." One may appeal to you more than another. For example, Todd Harris' willingness to work with morta and offer them at charming prices attracted me. Also, I feel like I'm moving him along in his career by buying from him, because he's just now making waves in the pipe world. When I can gather a little more "pipe money," one of my goals is to have one or two pipes from each Brother here at the forum--let's hope it's a busy year for me. :lol:

8)

Thanks Gents, I was just looking at prices after a conversation with the wife. Y'all answered my question....

Really depends on the pipe maker. I recommend JM Boswell, really nice pipes for your money.