Cutting edge

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
Okay, my cutter crapped out. I've been using an OLD wood single blade cutter for years and it just cracked and fell apart. Time to upgrade to a double blade and I've had good luck with my xicar V cutter so I'm leaning toward that brand. I need something to cut up to 64 ring gauge and their X8 model handles them. Colibri also makes one big enough (Slide) but a couple friends have complained about the quality and the blades not staying in alignment. Any suggestions?

chattering-teeth.jpg

I've had my Xikar for years with absolutely no issues. It will cut a 60 ring gauge, but you can tell it wasn't intended to.

That Swiss Army knife-punch is cool as hell! :D I'm not one for Swiss Army knives, but that's a winner.

I don't like punching a cigar much, or the size wasn't right: so, the knife offers three variants--neat.

I have this no-name stainless steel double-blade thingy I got at a local cigar roller's shop for $10. It's never let me down, and it's good for cutting rope coins for the pipe!

8)