daily snuff

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petertschantz

Reaction score
Okay, a quick question.

What do you do about carrying snuff to work? Do you stick with one for the day, or carry an assortment?

I've placed my snuffs in Mason jars to keep them fresh, and just put a spoonful of Berwick Brown back in it's tin for the day. Now that I've enjoyed being able to snuff at work, I'm trying to figure out a system :D

Thanks,

Pete

Mr Snuff has some relatively inexpensive plastic snuff boxes that you can pinch or tap from.

The Mr Snuff boxes are bigger but slimmer. The Snuffhouse ones are deeper but hold less overall.

Get one of each and decide what you like best.

In fact...PM me your address. I'll send you at least one of them. I may have enough to send you one of each.

As far as me and my snuffing...I used to carry a big assortment. Now I pretty much fill my snuffbox and when it is empty refill it. I carry one box. If I want to change the snuff I do. Sometimes I refill it with the same snuff...some times I don't.

Slide beat me to it there.

I have one of each and have just ordered another Snuffhouse box. I think I prefer those to the Mr.Snuff boxes as they are more the size of an old fashioned wooden box that I used to have - but lost.

But I also use old Toque tins - just peel the label off and give them a good clean out and airing and you have a reasonably good looking snuff tin.

thanks Chris. That's what I'm using now, just with the label still on it ;-)

I can see this is going to get really interesting :shock:

Kaiser, do you just carry the original tin or small snuff boxes, or what?

thats the dilemma

I have HDT and Viking Dark on the desk, and some Berwick Brown in the car.

A couple times today I've wished I brought some of the Poschl Gawith's Apricot .....

F.U.B.A.R. Snafu Plain is my goto snuff, I have a small titanium snuff bottle that I got from Mr. Snuff, it holds plenty for a day+, The little turn tins they sell work well too, never had much luck with bullets though.