Estate Pipes *An Edorsement*

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wet Dottle,

I agree with most of your thoughts. However, I'm hoping that at least one of my children will take over my pipes some day and, so far, they turn up their noses at the thought of smoking something that has been in my mouth, even a cob.

:shock:

Maybe it's a matter of too much information. They know I rinse my mouth regularly with alcohol.

:D Paul

Wet Dottle":t449f09d said:
regor":t449f09d said:
When you go to a restaurant to eat you aren't the only one to have used the silverware. There is nothing wrong with estate pipes as long as you clean them up which a dealer with a good rep has already done :cyclops: :sunny:
And I believe the "only smoked once" story as much as the one about the old lady that only drove her car to go to church on Sundays.
Well, I can tell you with complete honesty that I've just recently sold over 30 pipes that were in fact smoked by me just once and then listed on e-bay. I personally have a 1930's Dunhill bulldog that was smoked only once.You can still see bare wood at the bottom of the pipe and there's only the slightest bit of darkening on the walls of the bowl!

It really DOES happen....

Best,
D.J.

DPG, you are one of the people that I would but an estate pipe from and not worry. You do have a good rep.. I guess everyone is a little differant and I have no prob with an estate pipe. I think the whole thing is funny. There sure is a huge market for estate pipes and I'm sure I'll buy a few more before its all over LOL :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny:

Guys,

I hope nobody took offense in what I said. Perhaps I could have phrased it a bit better, but I was only trying to portray an irrational feeling. DPG, I was using a hyperbola and never meant to doubt your pipes (their descriptions, I mean).

Maybe I shouldn't post anything for a few days...

NONSENCE Wet Dottle!!

Post away.

Your input IS worthwhile.

IF you mistakenly criticised DPG, you didn't, but if you did, he deserves it and will get over it.

He's probably at Dunc N' Donuts and not paying attention anyway.

:lol!:

:D

Wet Dottle":j72uyts6 said:
Guys,

I hope nobody took offense in what I said. Perhaps I could have phrased it a bit better, but I was only trying to portray an irrational feeling. DPG, I was using a hyperbola and never meant to doubt your pipes (their descriptions, I mean).

Maybe I shouldn't post anything for a few days...
No Offense taken on my end what so ever :lol: I was just trying to get my point across that there really are some folks like myself who smoke a pipe once or twice and don't return to it again.At my height I had 500+ pipes.I went through a sell off and that number is down to around 100 which only 20 or so are from my original collection. I had so many pipes that I never had the time to break them all in.This is why you'll see that so many of my auctions say "smoked X1 or smoked 2-3 times at most. You'd know that they were lightly smoked just looking at them.There was still bare wood in the bowl on most....

Best,
D.J.

Danish & Pipe Guy,

That's like having a playmate living next door and only jumping the fence 2-3 times at most.

Bare wood,,,,,,,,,,indeed!

Not right.

Danish_Pipe_Guy":8e2avdyh said:
Wet Dottle":8e2avdyh said:
regor":8e2avdyh said:
When you go to a restaurant to eat you aren't the only one to have used the silverware. There is nothing wrong with estate pipes as long as you clean them up which a dealer with a good rep has already done :cyclops: :sunny:
And I believe the "only smoked once" story as much as the one about the old lady that only drove her car to go to church on Sundays.
Well, I can tell you with complete honesty that I've just recently sold over 30 pipes that were in fact smoked by me just once and then listed on e-bay. I personally have a 1930's Dunhill bulldog that was smoked only once.You can still see bare wood at the bottom of the pipe and there's only the slightest bit of darkening on the walls of the bowl!

It really DOES happen....

Best,
D.J.
D,

When you ship me the West box just through that Dunhill bulldog in there, I'd be happy to help you break it in... 8)