F&T High Dry Toast

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrumsAndBeer

Reaction score
Got some of this in the post today. Woah, does this stuff have a burn to it. I have to say I like the aroma. It's got a bit of a woodsy quality to it, but If I had to describe its fragrance in some sort of less obvious way, I'd have to say it smells like a book shop. I used to work for a chain book store outlet and HDT has "that" fragrance. Binding glue, musty pages, dried ink. Basically that smell you get when you walk into a shop with a lot of printed pages. Weird, but nice. & good Lord what a back of the throat burn. :p

Those dry fine grained snuffs take a light touch - more of a sniff like smelling a flower - less of a snuff - which should avoid it ending up in the back of your throat.

Excellent advice.

HDT definitely requires more finesse. I learned that the hard way yesterday. Nonetheless, a very enjoyable snuff when used with restraint. :p

some of this will definitely be in my next order!

<must wait for first order, must wait for first order>

petertschantz":r498e50v said:
some of this will definitely be in my next order!

<must wait for first order, must wait for first order>
Interestingly, I placed two orders with them. The first one took a good 12 days to arrive, the 2nd order took 6 days!.

I now am sitting on a pretty decent amount of snuff. Nothing in the realm of a Kaiser sized order, but surely enough to have me sitting pretty for quite some time. :D

In my last order

F&T High Dry Toast 25g
WoS - Ice Licorice 10g
WoS - Rose - 10g
Sam Gawith - Apricot 25g
Poschl - President 10g

:drunken:

While my pipe tobacco stash is nothing to envy, my snuff stash is quite decent I must admit. I think I have enough to last until I die as of now, but just to make sure I will place another order soon. A couple more pounds out of my tax refund will do nicely. I'll have to grab a tin of HDT as well.

argggghhhhh

MrSnuff is out of 25g tins of F&T HDT

Now I'm trying to decide if I wait, or just catch it next order.

petertschantz":t5pzzkwo said:
argggghhhhh

MrSnuff is out of 25g tins of F&T HDT

Now I'm trying to decide if I wait, or just catch it next order.
I have an extra tube. PM your address and it's yours.

High Dry Toast: the Champagne of snuffs...

I love the stuff. It has no added scent or flavor. Just pure, tobacco goodness :cheers:

I love F&T HDT, quite possibly my favorite. It has that perfect snuff 'taste' to it, a friend of mine once said it tasted like an old baseball glove. That's about how I would characterize it as well.

BurleyLegal":apx86tdb said:
I love F&T HDT, quite possibly my favorite. It has that perfect snuff 'taste' to it, a friend of mine once said it tasted like an old baseball glove. That's about how I would characterize it as well.
Haha, to me it smells like a dank, dirt-floor crawl space. I like it!

After several side by side comparisons, I like Toque Natural Toast even more, I feel it has just a tad more depth. Either way it's a win.

I've not yet tried the Toque Natural Toast, I bet that one is good. I do have some Toque Quit which is a high toast with an insane nicotine kick. If you can get past the intense burn Quit is quite good.

With bone dry, ultra fine snuff, such as HDT, take your pinch further back on the pad of your finger and thumb, rather than right at the nail. Then roll your finger and thumb nails toward each other, closing the snuff between the pad of your thumb and finger. Press with moderate pressure, and hold for 10 to 20 seconds. This adds a slight moisture to the snuff from your skin, and the pressure causes the ultra fine grains to bind to their neighbours, increasing the size a bit. Now take the pinch, and roll it back and forth slightly as you do so.

You should find it FAR more pleasant.

NorthernLights":gw3kmlxq said:
With bone dry, ultra fine snuff, such as HDT, take your pinch further back on the pad of your finger and thumb, rather than right at the nail. Then roll your finger and thumb nails toward each other, closing the snuff between the pad of your thumb and finger. Press with moderate pressure, and hold for 10 to 20 seconds. This adds a slight moisture to the snuff from your skin, and the pressure causes the ultra fine grains to bind to their neighbours, increasing the size a bit. Now take the pinch, and roll it back and forth slightly as you do so.

You should find it FAR more pleasant.
Good advice NL, & I wholeheartedly agree.