Father of the year?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlock999

Reaction score
I just showed my son the fine art of eating uncooked Top Ramen by sprinkling powder from the flavor packet onto the dry noodles, making it nice and salty, then chowing down.
This was a childhood favorite meal of mine.
Coincidentally, I have no emotional attachment to food...

Never tried them uncooked. I always boiled them, drained them, and then stirred in the seasoning packet.

If I get a wild hair one of these days I'll give your method a try...

I suppose that would do if there weren't an old shoe or a chunk of lumber laying around to chew on.

Please don't tell us it tastes like chicken :lol:

Rob_In_MO":r6s2dkpg said:
Never tried them uncooked. I always boiled them, drained them, and then stirred in the seasoning packet.

If I get a wild hair one of these days I'll give your method a try...
And then add this to them.
49305-rooster%20sauce.jpg
Good eatin'. :lol:

If I didn't know better I'd say you boys must have been smokin Walnut. What else could explain such tasticular degradation? :silent: :pale:

I eat Ramen that way (Harlock's) at work for lunch or snacks.

Harlock999":yfmh6j1r said:
I just showed my son the fine art of eating uncooked Top Ramen by sprinkling powder from the flavor packet onto the dry noodles, making it nice and salty, then chowing down.
This was a childhood favorite meal of mine.
Coincidentally, I have no emotional attachment to food...
My daughters been eating them that way since she was i kid. I always thought it was strange but now i see she's not alone.
Just like pipe's & tobacco, everyone has there own way that works for them & none are wrong.

I can't say I've ever tried them dry. But they do make up a good bit of my diet.

I do it differently to get a more balanced meal. Ahead of time I brown and drain some ground meat (usually a lot at a time.) I season it with misc. Chinese seasonings plus some hot chili sauce. I then freeze the lot, fluffing it a bit as it freezes so it does not harden into a solid mass.

On the day I intend to eat it, I boil up two packs of Ramen and drain off most of the liquid, adding the two flavor packets and mix. I squirt in another teaspoon or three of the chili sauce for more zing and stir.

I put one cup of the frozen meat mixture into the microwave to warm it up and add it to the Ramen noodles and mix thoroughly. Very tasty.

I eat it with a side order of kimchee, which I get from a local Asian market.

The wife and I call it "Kimchee Woop". Be careful with the hot chili sauce. It can get VERY hot if you aren't used to it. This is a particularlyi good meal if you have a cold. It WILL clear your head. :face:

1. Never tried Ramen quite that way, but I have crumbled the noodles over a stir fry before (probably just tossed the mix out).

2. There exists no food that is not made exponentially better by the liberal addition of sriracha.

idbowman":h4186329 said:
2. There exists no food that is not made exponentially better by the liberal addition of sriracha.
Hmm, I got one... cheesecake.

:) sorry, I couldn't resist. It don't blend well, trust me.

Nick Fox":5va45os8 said:
idbowman":5va45os8 said:
Hmm, I got one... cheesecake.

:) sorry, I couldn't resist. It don't blend well, trust me.
:lol!:

Could be... but you are running against this guy:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZZfkWkYjBgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Greyson, no sarcasm intended so I hope you take none, that is impressive. I hope that when my son is older, that I could make stuff like that for him.
that being said, The Ramen still trumps it. I'm still eating Ramen that way, I can't eat my toys. It's the whole give a boy a fish, teach a boy to fish thing...

You know, that kid's dad is pretty cool, especially if he let
his son help out building it. My dad, whom I love very much,
would never let me lend a hand. To this day, at 91 years old, he still
has a hard time letting me help him.
All said, I won't lose much sleep losing father of
the year to the space station dad.
Three cheers to dads! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's still kinda weird thinking of myself as a dad and my boy's only seven months old. I find myself watching him and wondering ... who's he gonna look like, me or his mama? What'll his hobbies be? What are his strengths and weaknesses going to be? Etc etc ... ...
And how do I teach him what it means and how to be a man. Most of those "big" lessons, I honestly feel like I don't really have mastered yet, let alone well enough to teach him.

Nick Fox":1q5y7t6v said:
And how do I teach him what it means and how to be a man.
I'm still trying to figure that one out properly!