Finding an Affordable Niche

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I stopped smoking cigars for over a year but am slowly coming back up on them. An important reason for the hiatus was the price of this type of smoking. Complicating this is that I smoked up without compensating by limiting how many cigars I smoked. I had a pipe tobacco cellar worth ~$10,000 at the start but sold off wide swaths of it as that was the only way I could pay for cigars.

This time the name of the game is "as I can afford it"; one of the strategies of affordability is to find a $6 cigar that costs $3. Before I was smoking a tier higher, ~$9/cigar. A cigar clerk at JR told me that the first transition is reached at $6, which smokes a good bit better than the $3. I imagine the tobacco is better and has more age, but construction tends to suffer at the low end. Also, the better rollers roll the better cigars.

I really don't want a $3 cigar but instead a $6 cigar that sells for $3. The Jesus Fuego Corona would seem to fit here. Yes?

Recommendations?

Thanks, Mike