First Camping Trip Of 2011

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottbtdmb

Reaction score
Just reserved a site at Patapsco State Park (Maryland) for next weekend and wanted to gush a little bit about it. By the way, have any BOB'ers ever been to Patapsco? It's my first time camping there and any feedback would be appreciated. Anyhow, there is something about the first camping trip of the season that always seems to strike a chord with me. Spring is in full bloom, the weather is starting to get nice, and nature is practically calling to me to pitch a tent and enjoy all of her offerings. Anyone else around here getting the camping "itch"? I am already starting to get things ready. Packing up the ipod docking station with my two trusty 160GiB ipods so that there will be plenty of good tunes available. Reaming and cleaning out all of my good camping pipes. Basically, all my rusticated pipes with lucite stems classify as camping pipes. No chance of these pipes getting scratched or the stems getting oxidized. Among my favorite camping pipes are my 3 Savinelli Estellas, a Castello Business, an Ardor Urano Fantasy, an Ardor Urano Giant, and a Radice Rind GGG. Hmmm, now what to smoke??? Not sure about you guys, but being outdoors on a nice warm afternoon/evening screams Virginia's. I am thinking about finally cracking a 20 year old tin of PCCA Virginian that I have been saving. Or perhaps a nice 12 year old tin of Virginia Woods to pay homage to the woodlands that will surround me on the trip! We shall see!!!! Once night falls, it is all about good beer/liquor and cigars. With the beer, you can't go wrong with a nice IPA in the warmer weather months. A trip to the local beer store this Wednesday should solve that problem. With the liquor, a nice pint of Makers Mark always does well for me, at least for the money. Cigar-wise, once I sit my butt down on the log by the fire, I don't want to have to get up for awhile, so it will probably be a Rocky Patel Battalion for me, or perhaps a Fuente Churchill! Once morning comes around, there has to be some good French Press coffee going on. I am heading up to my local artisan coffee shop this week to get some extra coarse ground Kona Gold. Hmmm, I think I have pretty much covered all the bases for the first camping trip. Any thoughts? Suggestions? What am I forgetting here?

scottbtdmb":jmp2a6yg said:
Any thoughts? Suggestions? What am I forgetting here?
first aid kit. fishing poles. food....not that you'll have much room left for that with all the whiskey, beer and pipes/cigar humidor/accessories. :lol!: :tongue:

have fun and be safe! OH, take pictures!

dbreazeale":0t4chyd9 said:
scottbtdmb":0t4chyd9 said:
Any thoughts? Suggestions? What am I forgetting here?
first aid kit. fishing poles. food....not that you'll have much room left for that with all the whiskey, beer and pipes/cigar humidor/accessories. :lol!: :tongue:

have fun and be safe! OH, take pictures!
Indeed, all very important additional items to consider! Fortunately, my girlfriend is extremely organized and has made a list that covers everything I left out. I am in charge of beer, pipes, cigars, music, and liquor. She makes sure we pack everything else :D