First camping trip of 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottbtdmb

Reaction score
Morning gents,

Next weekend, I am going on a camping trip with friends up in the mountains of Pennsylvania. A buddy of mine has a cabin up there and this will be my first time going up with him and other friends. Apparently, there is a fire-pit on site, horse shoes, plenty of hiking, and a lake only 15 minutes away with good fishing promised. Every Spring, I always try to do several camping excursions as I love the outdoors and all Mother Nature has to offer. As always, I will be bringing up some pipes, tobaccos, and cigars to enjoy while fishing and especially around the campfire at night. There is something about smoking around a campfire, while singing songs with friends and passing around potent potables that always seems to strike a chord with me.

I am really excited to bring along a really nice carrying case that my girlfriend bought me for my birthday. It has 6 separate compartments in side that are all velcro attached so that you can adjust accordingly to fit various items. I have used it a few times already for day trips and I can fit inside all 3 of my pipe bags which hold 10 pipes between them, a six pack of beer, a travel sized humidor that houses 5 cigars, my ipods and ipod docking station, my Nook Color for reading, and a couple of beer glasses just because I am a beer snob (lol). There is a separate compartment on the outside of the bag that can fit all of my pipe pouches, several tins, and any pipe/cigar accessories that I would need to bring. Basically, it is a party in a bag, lol!!! Additionally, I am hoping to get two pipes in the mail this week that I just bought, in time for the trip. I picked up a GBD Prehistoric rhodesian and a Castello Old Antiquari poker (K). Pictures can be seen in the PAD/TAD. Cross your fingers that I get them in time to enjoy at the cabin!

So how bout it guys? Anyone planning a camping trip or outdoors excursion anytime soon?

-Scott

By the end of the week I plan to be near the trout streams to spend some quality time. We'll probably have to have a fire to take the chill out of the air and i know there will be some good music, a toddy and the atmosphere will smell of either pipe tobacco, cigars or wood in the stove.

Stinger4me":wherjep7 said:
By the end of the week I plan to be near the trout streams to spend some quality time. We'll probably have to have a fire to take the chill out of the air and i know there will be some good music, a toddy and the atmosphere will smell of either pipe tobacco, cigars or wood in the stove.
Just reading this post makes me as jealous as a schoolkid who's best friend got to third base.