First of the month Noodlers.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
First of the month, play account gets a slight recharge. Ordered two new pens - both with Noodler’s flex nibs. Never had one before.

So a new Konrad Ebonite (green/Black) and an Ahab (Pima Tortoise) from the nice folks at Goulet’s.

You convinced me....

I ordered one too. I've always wanted to try a flex nib, and that one has gorgeous ebonite and is on sale. This is why I should stay off the internet; it's full of enablers! :mrgreen:

Yeah...sorry. Heh heh. Been lookin’ at that Ebonite Konrad for two years. Finally decided I wasn’t getting any younger. I also have my eye on one of the big boy flex pens...NOODLER'S NEPONSET EBONITE FLEX FOUNTAIN PEN - RED REBELLION. Sorry, that was a cut and paste. It sports a flex music nib...unique to be sure. A Pic is below.

Both of us will likely be viewing a bunch of uTube vids on how to heat set and adjust the feed & nibs, etc. These are definitely a tinkering pen and are a 50/50 deal re working well out of the box.

But you’ll likely never find nibs that provide better shading. So get out your bottle of Apache Sunset!

Blackhorse":bm807zlg said:
First of the month, play account gets a slight recharge. Ordered two new pens - both with Noodler’s flex nibs. Never had one before.

So a new Konrad Ebonite (green/Black) and an Ahab (Pima Tortoise) from the nice folks at Goulet’s.

I especially like this one, very Pelikan like ! Are the nibs gold or steel and how do they compare to Pelikan's or Sailor's?