First snuff order

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idbowman

Reaction score
I'd been mulling over whether or not to jump into the snuff game for a few months, but finally bit the bullet and placed my first order:

1 x Wilsons Apple Blackcurrant 5g
1 x Wilsons Chocolate 5g
1 x Wilsons Rose of Sharrow 5g
1 x Wilsons Coffee Cream 10g
1 x Wilsons Cinnamon 10g
1 x Wilsons Rum & Raisin 10g
1 x Samuel Gawith Gin & Tonic 10g
1 x McChrystal's Hops 21g
1 x Toque Coke 25g

Sounds like a good first order with a lot of variety. Be sure to report on the Gin & Tonic. Juniper and lime maybe? Sounds interesting. My next order will definitely contain the Hops and some Eucylptus Aniseed. I am also researching some natural snuff flavors to try. Maybe Kendal Brown or Irish D Light and perhaps another toast.

Yeah...I thought the Gin and Tonic sounded interesting. I was aiming for small quantities of each scent, Coke and Hops didn't have anything in the 5-10gr range so I'm hoping I enjoy 'em.

Now comes the (im)patiently waiting for the shipment to arrive. I'm really looking forward to jumping into this.

Oh the waiting for a Mr. Snuff order. It's an arduous wait indeed.

I think ordering the smallest amount possible the first go around is a very good idea. You will find however that while 25g of something you don't like is a tall order, it's not nearly enough when it comes to a flavor that really floats your boat. I guess it's really no different from pipe tobacco.

My first Mr. Snuff order was at my door in 12 days. My second in less than 6, and I am in California. I think the first order hung out in customs for a bit and the second just passed straight through.

After a few orders I started keeping track of the time from mailing to delivery of my snuff orders. I kept track of 15 orders and the average for me was 11.73 days. One order took 35 days but that was around the Christmas holidays.

Nice order. I'd be interested in your thoughts on those. Some of them interest me too. John Crosby got me peeked my interest in snuff but I never really took the plunge and bought some until this past weekend. I picked up some Wilson's of Sharrow Crumbs of Comfort and it is very good. The cola flavors sound really appealing to me.

just a thought. I haven't bought anything but the 25g tins so far (or as close as available).

Per gram it is much cheaper, and I haven't wanted to find one I didn't want to do without and then have to wait 2 or 3 weeks or more to get another tin.

I've got 12 different snuffs so far, and only 1 of those do I really not care for (there are 2 I can do without, but they aren't bad). If you get hung up on one snuff more than others, you can make a pretty good dent in a 25g tin pretty quick. I have been on a serious Viking Dark kick, and Mr. Snuff is sold out right now....

Just a thought

Pete

PS - if anyone wants some Samuel Gawith No 1 High Mill, I have about 24.95 grams available for trading. 8)

petertschantz":jwjn89ht said:
PS - if anyone wants some Samuel Gawith No 1 High Mill, I have about 24.95 grams available for trading. 8)
Pete, if you're pinching .05 grams at a time, you are already a complete pro! :p

I thought this said "fish snuff order."

I'm still repulsed, but now I know the blame is entirely mine.

DrumsAndBeer":kpj57wkf said:
petertschantz":kpj57wkf said:
Pete, if you're pinching .05 grams at a time, you are already a complete pro! :p
hehehe, I haven't measured that's for sure ;-) I know I tried 2 servings of the High Mill, not my cuppa tea....

petertschantz":2zcw17jz said:
I have been on a serious Viking Dark kick, and Mr. Snuff is sold out right now....

Just a thought

Pete

Is SG No 1 High Mill the only SP you have tried? Just curious. Some people are allergic to the bergamont.

On the Viking - if it is not in stock fast enough for you I can send you some of mine out of bulk to hold you over.

Thanks slide, I'm working another angle on the Viking, so will see what happens! if it comes down to it, I'll ping you.

I don't think it is the bergamot, I enjoy it elsewhere. This particular snuff just smells of litter box to me, hard to get excited about...
I'm not complaining, my ratio of like to dislike is great so far, if I hold on to this one I'll try it again later, who knows?

gravel":iu48fx7u said:
I thought this said "fish snuff order."

I'm still repulsed, but now I know the blame is entirely mine.
I think that's a Toque flavor. "Halibut and Lemon" maybe?