First YABO... A FABO?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonanzadriver

Reaction score
Being a noob here and recently getting back into piping, I haven't had an opportunity to really get to know many folks out there in the Briar Brotherhood.

As some of you may recall, my son Nick and I had an opportunity to attend the TAPS 20th Annual Pipe & Tobacco Expo weekend before last.

After attending, and wining the Raffle Pipe, an awesome Luciano, I posted some pics of the pipe as well as my haul of tobacco samples and tins that I acquired there.

I had made a comment something along thel lines of "having acquired a tin of the elusive Penzance that I was in search of Stonehaven next.

Imagine my surprise when I received a pm from one of our own members here, mgtarheel, asking for my address so that he might send me a sample of, you guessed it, Stonehaven.  Mike was sitting at the same table with JimInks, Chuck, my son and I.

As I shared with Mike, although I'm usually very modest about receiving gifts from friends and acquaintances, I was so curious about this elusive tobacco that I acquiesced to his request.

This past Saturday the package arrived.  To my further surprise, not only did it have Stonehaven in it, but it also had 3 other tobacco samples, all of them offerings that I had yet to try.  Not to mention a portable pipe stand and a really cool little tamper.

So, here's a shoutout to Mike.  Thank you very much!

I'm sittin up in the mancave with Nick, listenin to Robert Johnson, and smoking my very first ever bowl of Stonehaven.

In what pipe you might ask?

Why, my original pipe.  A 1987 Nording Freehand Signature...

Cheers :D

p.s. i'll post pics as soon as I burn off the noob ineligibility time.