Found this Søren Refbjerg recently

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JensDK

Reaction score
I'm usually kind of modest when it comes to the high-end department, but I supposed it had to happen sooner or later: Fell in love with a really nice hand cut that was offered on a danish estate website. I didn't know what Danbark was - to me it sounded like the name of a cheap drugstore pipe. So I looked it up and learned that it's the name Søren Refbjerg stamps on pipes that are only near perfect. He must be a perfectionist, because I haven't found anything on this pipe that suggests minor quality.
It's also my first pot (or pot-like) shape, and it grows on me every time I smoke it.

Fr_Tom":pqcymfqy said:
You are going to fall in love with the pot shape I predict. I am a serious fan of them. This one looks very nice!
I think you’re right! I love that it’s sturdy without being too big, and when you fill it, the smoke seems to last forever.
I know about your love for pots. What kind of tobaccos do you prefer to smoke in them? I can’t quite make up my mind about what works best.

JensDK":4t38i8g5 said:
Fr_Tom":4t38i8g5 said:
You are going to fall in love with the pot shape I predict. I am a serious fan of them. This one looks very nice!
I think you’re right! I love that it’s sturdy without being too big, and when you fill it, the smoke seems to last forever.
I know about your love for pots. What kind of tobaccos do you prefer to smoke in them? I can’t quite make up my mind about what works best.
I claim everything smokes better in a pot.

So far this morning, I have had OJK, Picayune and Big-n-Burley in three different pots - two Grabows and a BST. I like Virginias and VaPers, but I don't seem to be reaching for them right now. I had some Father Dempsey and Morley's Best after supper last night that was just what I wanted.

Right now I typically take a Grabow pot with me to work, and that is what I smoke during the day when I get a chance. Today that pipe will be a Grabow Silver Duke, and the tobacco in the car is Big-n-Burley.

Fr_Tom":4z7a8ejy said:
JensDK":4z7a8ejy said:
Fr_Tom":4z7a8ejy said:
I claim everything smokes better in a pot.

So far this morning, I have had OJK, Picayune and Big-n-Burley in three different pots - two Grabows and a BST. I like Virginias and VaPers, but I don't seem to be reaching for them right now. I had some Father Dempsey and Morley's Best after supper last night that was just what I wanted.

Right now I typically take a Grabow pot with me to work, and that is what I smoke during the day when I get a chance. Today that pipe will be a Grabow Silver Duke, and the tobacco in the car is Big-n-Burley.

Another nice Grabow of yours there! Perhaps I should look out for estates on ebay that ship to Europe.
Burley is not my thing (but yours, I think). Well there’s no harm done in working my way through my own favourites :)

JensDK":98eea4h5 said:
Another nice Grabow of yours there! Perhaps I should look out for estates on ebay that ship to Europe.
Burley is not my thing (but yours, I think). Well there’s no harm done in working my way through my own favourites :)
I really just like tobacco. Black Cavendish often tastes musty and "thin" to me, so I usually avoid it. Other than that, I tend to like most everything. In terms of open 1 lb bags right now, it is looking like a burley trend. I will own that.

I don't think I have posted a picture of the Grabow pot I am smoking now. It is a "49" so a medium pot with a 13/16 in bowl.

Fr_Tom":lzakst30 said:
JensDK":lzakst30 said:
I really just like tobacco. Black Cavendish often tastes musty and "thin" to me, so I usually avoid it. Other than that, I tend to like most everything. In terms of open 1 lb bags right now, it is looking like a burley trend. I will own that.

I don't think I have posted a picture of the Grabow pot I am smoking now. It is a "49" so a medium pot with a 13/16 in bowl.

I guess it’s like food: palates are so different. To me Perique feels like a flu coming up. It’s true, Cavendish is not up front - it whispers, to be a bit poetic. To me it’s like the smell of a stew you can’t make out, you just know you want more.

I like that deep rustication. It looks really nice and I bet it makes a nice, cool smoke.