Geez, today was a rough day.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
Non-stop, 14 hours, driving around, laundry, chores, making dinner, work, study for a client's needs in my field...

...all made better by my freehand I finished about two weeks ago, a nice 2/3 Burley 1/3 VA blend, some Redemption Rye and about an hour on the porch. I feel like i could go out and do it all again!

I probably just jynxed myself...

...suddenly realizing the slowdown and relaxation a good pipe can give to the end of a tough one. It's very strange, you're suddenly aware of every sound, smell, and activity that surrounds you when you're alone with a good bit of tobacco. All a reminder as to why I like this!

(I apologize for getting sappy... must be the rye talking...:lol: :lol: :lol:)

There are very few days IMHO that cannot be cured, or at least improved with a good pipe. :)

A great example of why pipes are much more than just nicotine delivery devices... :cheers:

Tim_Haggerty":leaopzrs said:
There are very few days IMHO that cannot be cured, or at least improved with a good pipe. :)
To which we all said,
"Amen, brother!" :sunny:

Yes indeed, a pipe of good tobacco is comfort for the soul. :cheers:

One of those days; actually, one of those months. The perfect evening to light a fire in the pit and let the pipe send it all off in a lovely cloud of smoke.

First, I loaded Shortcut to Mushrooms in a cob. This blend produces a good smokescreen for me, but somehow, something was missing.

Next, I loaded the trusty Armellini fat man with some Murray's era Nightcap. It's a good sized pipe, so I thought that would settle the nicotine appetite.

Still not getting the desired effect, I realized it was time for the big gun. Brown Rope. I loaded it in a fresh cob and launched myself on my adventure. About halfway down, it happened. It's obvious to me that perhaps the Brown Rope was a mistake. I may not be relaxed, but some modifications have occurred. Wow!

The charms of tobacco and the allure of the pipe are never so acutely felt as when you long for a smoke!