Gletscher Prise

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Okay here are my impressions:

First, this is mentholated, which I have always liked. I can't place the aroma. I can describe the sensation a little better. I find it very soothing; it is not purfumey or fruity.

The container says it has columbia oil and this may be what I smell and what I find soothing. The nicotine has begun to take effect and I am feelin very relaxed (also smoking a pipe).

let me take another hit and I'll see if any more aromas become detectable to me. It seem very heavily mentholated and is what I'm detecting now, still no other flavors come to mind.

Anyone else chime in and give their thoughts, doesn't look like I'm being very helpful.

Thanks! Once it's mentholated, it's hard for me to smell anything else. However, a strong mentholated snuff is a lifesaver in the smelly NYC subway!!

It's flavored with Brazillian Oil of Peppermint [Columbia Ol].It's the most
popular nasal snuff in the world.It protects you from horrid city smells and
rank outhouses.It invigorates,it stimulates,it smells like medicine to those
near you.Having experienced it,you will always want it again.
For I have fed on honeydew and drunk the milk of paradise.

Winslow :sunny:

OOOOHHH, I was trying to empty containers to possibly provide a sample, and I came up with some good stuff:

1/2 GP/ 1/2 McChrystal's

Dang this stuff is yummy!!

To my nose, GP has got that menthol + camphor scent, like Vick's Vapo-Rub. With a big enough snootful I get a little tobacco underneath, something pleasant and cedary, but then the "York Sensation" kicks in. Very, very pleasant.

Eulenberg, if you rely on metholated snuff to relieve the smell of the subway, GP will spare you from even a crowded G train on weekend service.

A true camphor-menthol snuff is Hedges,available in the U.K. but not here.
It burns my nose and I find it quite unpleasant.But it has been around forever
and somebody must buy it.

Winslow :sunny:

It's flavored with Brazilian oil of peppermint. It protects you from horrid city smells and rank outhouses.
Say no more, I'm getting it!

When the temperature goes up to nearly 100°, which means considerably more than that down on the subway platforms (really large flat urinals next to which trains stop) one begins to feel one has dropped through the looking glass... Into the rabbit's toilet. That's when something like McChrystal's helps a lot. I'll try Gletschen Prisé.