got a 1903

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbernater

Reaction score
IMG015.jpg
IMG016.jpg
IMG017.jpg
IMG018.jpg
I got a remington 1903 A3 today. Someone I know passed away and I ended up with this nice 1903. Her wood is nice, the bore is good and the finsish on the metal is worn but no pitts. I cant wait to get her out and put some rounds down range and honor this old war horse.

Gorgeous model 1903. I'm a fan of that action, along with classic Mausers of that time. 8) Give her a longing, historically-respective stare and moment of contemplation on my behalf. 8)

I had a Springfield Armory 1903 and a 1917 Eddystone and regret horse trading them away. They were both very nice shooting bolt actions. The 1903 being a little more accurate IMHO than the 1917. The one you have indeed looks like it is in very good shape. Congratulations.

You lucky dog,,,looks in great condition,,,

Very nice, I had a 1903 but not near as nice as that. It was a low serial number too so I didn't feel comfortable shooting it anyway

Toe Cutter":0yg0we0v said:
Very nice, I had a 1903 but not near as nice as that. It was a low serial number too so I didn't feel comfortable shooting it anyway
...I know what you mean, I have a low serial number (166) Walther P-38 Spreewerke that likely was a test-run for that factory (as that was the third, and the last). It has parts from other factories and was also an East German re-work that saw service in Berlin post-war. Really interesting piece. Once I learned about it, I stopped treating it like my truck pistol. :affraid: :affraid:

Funny story, got visited by the county Sheriff deputy shooting one day, and he was kind of an "out of training" young guy, tried running the serial number of that pistol, just to "be sure everything was cool." That was a funny learning experience for him. I let him sweat it out, because he really didn't want to ask me what was up.

"S...so, is this the serial number?"

I shrugged. "Must be."

"Is this the WHOLE number?"

I shrugged. "Yep."

Finally I explained it to him, and he just flapped his arms and went to go herd jackrabbits or whatever else he was doing out in the desert... :)

Ha yeah that's a good story I can definitely see that happening, they must not teach vintage firearm serial numbers in the academy

Toe Cutter":6p5u14d3 said:
Ha yeah that's a good story I can definitely see that happening, they must not teach vintage firearm serial numbers in the academy
Oh, definitely not. I also had my Egyptian FN-49 out there, and he couldn't find the numbers at all. 8)

I want a FN 49 when I started wanting one they were cheap now they are getting rediculus.

Ahh my first 30-06 was a m1903. Got my first deer with it too!! Mine has a leaf rear sight. Also mine was parkerized, made in 1943, under contract by Springfield themselves. I haven't handled that gun in 20 years, but it was my first non .22 that my Dad let me "borrow" from him. It was a big deal for my 14 year old ass. Bet I looked real funny toting that gun through the NY woods.

Yours is sweet, enjoy. - RxMan