Grand Croupier: Boneyard Product Number: 005-651-0002

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
It may be a luck of the draw, but the odds, at least, are in your favor: Grand Croupier's Boneyard may be composed of a random assortment of English/Latakia blends, but they are high quality English/Latakia blends, themselves composed of quality leaf to start with. Considering the results of our past blind review on Grand Croupier's all-sorts-of-all-kinds blend, expect a good smoke, at a very good price. $15.34 lb.

As has been posted here and elsewhere, SmokingPipes.com owns and produces Cornell and Diehl tobacco. Boneyard is the accumulated "remainders" of many C & D English/Balkan blends with some Virginia/Perique remainders thrown in. Last time it was offered it was gone in hours, apparently because folks who'd bought it before bought multiple pounds for cellaring. I was on the mailing list, got the email, but was only able to get 4 oz. I called SP and they said folks were buying multiple pounds to get free shipping and for long term cellaring. Reviews are all positive. I expect that it'll all be gone by tonight.
Grand Croupier Boneyard

I do want to add I've smoked most of the 4 oz I received in that initial order. It was a light English blend, which I did enjoy. At $15.34 lb. I think it's a great value. To my taste, it's a far better blend than C & D Atlas Balkan, which I found disappointing.

One must, however, keep in mind, it's a compilation of remainders, so what I received last time may be dissimilar from what I'll get in my recent order.

I am a little more than half way through my second pound of Double Down. The two batches were bought months apart, and they vary. In my experience, they did not vary THAT much. I liked the first, and I like the second.

Fr_Tom":1fykged6 said:
I am a little more than half way through my second pound of Double Down. The two batches were bought months apart, and they vary. In my experience, they did not vary THAT much. I liked the first, and I like the second.
I did buy one pound of the Double Down, Virginia/burley blend, myself. I can't really give an honest, informed opinion on it because I never smoke Virginia/burley blends. Without the components of most English/Balkan blends, I thought it was uneventful.