Had a couple buddies over to smoke and got out my camera

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zjgilbert

Reaction score
Here's my first attempt at getting any kind of pipe photography. Unfortunately the lighting kinda sucked, which caused me to crank up the ISO resulting a little too much noise. I also couldn't get a fast enough shutter speed to get a decent enough shot. How do you think I did with that I had?

img_5810.jpg

can't decide which of these three came out the best.

img_5812.jpg

img_5811.jpg

img_5813.jpg

img_5814.jpg

img_5815.jpg

img_5816.jpg

Actually, the noise adds a little to the colour photos. I think you are going in the right direction and I look forward to seeing more of what you have done/do. With what you had, I think you did well. If you want a little more constructive criticism than, I for one, need a little more idea of your intention and/or a slightly larger body of work to look at.

Thank you for sharing and keep at it, there is talent and real skill in these photos.

great snaps, dude.

they really capture the mood of a late evening smoke.

doody

Thanks for the feedback guys. Kieveryuu, I'll shoot you a link to my portfolio.

No.1 and No.6 would be my favourites - I really enjoy seeing the movement of the smoke a flame captured.

Looks like you got skills brother! :cheers:

Fraternally

Jers

The second B&W photo. Focus is on the pipe, and is in the center of the picture. Excellent shot.

The problem I was seeing was not so much "noise" but the issue that comes with tungsten lighting, which looks like excess "shake" in digital photography. Pentax cameras suffer from it sometimes, but any camera can be affected by it.

:cool: