Hat & Cap (Etc.) Collection Photos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
Thought I'd open this up to get more recent and good photos of our best and favorite headgear.

Various fedoras of various vintage and crown shape. The bowler on the mannequin head being the most modern from Hats In The Belfry. Left back and middle (facing right) are a chocolate and then a silver Dobbs 1950s era. The two back middle and right middle (facing left) are my originals, an unknown maker Austrian from the 1920s, and the brown an early Stetson that's seen some miles with me, had multiple DIY sweatbands sewn in. Front right is a steel blue Mallory from the 1950s. Front middle and dead center are Churchill, Ltd. from the late 1940s. The remaining at left center is a velveteen Knox Twenty from the early 1960s. Most of them acquired from junk stores and garage sales.

7537190280_fe701f754f_b.jpg

Various apple, driver and ivy caps. Most are modern, non-union caps. Notable exceptions are the front far left and right being vintage 1920s era (and well worn by me), middle front from Hats In The Belfry, just above, one brown wool driver and a button apple from the 1970s, farther back are all simple, modern, universal-sized "golf caps" of either wool or cotton.
The hat on the mannequin head is a costume Imperial Empire hat from the Star Wars movie, which is pretty fun to wear to delight geeks and confuse the masses.

7537189662_941b93b6af_b.jpg

My Hats of Ireland plaid flat cap. This is the first one and I am sure the collection will only grow.

DSCF0335.jpg

Great collection, Kyle.
Was this meant to be an open gallery thread for all of us to show ours?

Psst...George....unless Kyle has multiple personalities and refers to himself as "our", which could be entirely possible, I think he meant it to be open because he said "our". Besides every thread is better with more pictures...and if he didn't mean it to be open than I am just a butt for posting mine here too. Lol.

Honestly, Kaiser, I couldn't figure it out. Read as written, it makes sense. But there are two other active hat threads right now. I thought maybe Kyle wanted his own special thread, and the "our" was a mistake. No, wait a minute. The only mistake here is me trying to figure Kyle out. Never mind. :p

True, he is a bit....hmmm....I got nothing. Your inquisition is quite valid looking back at it now and considering the next thread down under his new on is about hats. Pardon me for my insolence Sir.

kaiser83":3q8lrg81 said:
Pardon me for my insolence Sir.
None perceived, my good man. I guess we post all our hat pics in triplicate now? :scratch:

Or I could go back and delete/edit my posts and we can boycott Kyle lol.

I see no reason to boycott him. I think I understand his reasoning here. Kyle seems fairly web-savvy. The old hat thread was like Myspace to him. As soon as the new Facebook-like thread in the Round Table opened up, he rushed to create the Google Plus of hat threads. We should therefore treat it accordingly, i.e. post something now and check back every three or four months, while staying active in one of the other threads. :p

JUST SHUT UP AND POST YOUR STUPID HAT PICTURES, YOU GOONS!

That's why I wanted a new thread, so new people and current hat-nerds could update or be included if need be.

:lol!:

Kaiser, isn't that plaid called "chavberry" or something? :mrgreen:

burberry-50619.jpg

Here, let me type slowly:

"OUR HAT COLLECTIONS" :lol:

That's what this thread was for. No thinking necessary. :p

PS, nice hats, George. I like the idea of Kromers, but they never looked good on me.

Ok, Kyle. I'm actually making an effort to straighten out the tracks of this thread, so seriously, what am I doing wrong now? Did you want group photos, of hats? I can do that. I didn't have any pics like that at the time, but I'll go take some. Sorry for being the chief moron. :rabbit:

At this point, if you posted pictures of your Precious Moments statuette collection, at least it'd be a collection picture. :lol: