Heads or tails?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
So, I'm looking at making a new rack for the ever increasing pipe collection. I have seen, and I store, some bowl down and some bowl up....

Are there benefits to which direction they rest?

Ozark Wizard":kkbffb35 said:
So, I'm looking at making a new rack for the ever increasing pipe collection. I have seen, and I store, some bowl down and some bowl up....

Are there  benefits to which direction they rest?
Some say bowl up others swear by stem up. In all the years I've been smoking I really have NOT found ANY difference other than with standard racks  I usually put one stem up the next stem down so that the various sizes will fit in the rack. I especially have to do this with my pots so that I can get them in the rack. JMHO :twisted: :twisted: 'Course if you are making the rack you can adjust spacing to suit your average size so you can put them as YOU wish !! I'd say the only thing that really would matter is that the airways at the bit end are not obstructed so air can pass thru easily.

Like most of the 'commonly known Facts' it Doesn't matter..

Really. Do what floats your boat.. I like them heads down.. But all my pipes are kinda ugly.

I don't understand why pipesters don't get those rubber things that tobacconists use, and mount the pipes on a board in silhouette. Know what I mean? Perhaps I should ask myself the same question.

Since you are making the rack here's what Belgian author Georges Simenon used and one I would have made for me. Pipes are up off the desk/table and secured to the wall. Nice and neat !! :twisted:

monbla256":033jfreh said:
Since you are making the rack here's what Belgian author Georges Simenon used and one I would have made for me. Pipes are up off the desk/table and secured to the wall. Nice and neat !! :twisted:

That's what I'm thinking. Seeing how all my pipes are varying in stem length and space is a premium, I would tend to go the way shown in that picture. Off to the tools, time to make me one of them there racks...

Hang 'em high!