Hello from Kansas City

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6075

Reaction score
Started smoking a pipe about 10 years ago and soon became interested in refurbishing estate pipes. My favorite pipes to smoke are a Custom-Bilt, an old Perfecto, and a Stefano Santambrogio my son gifted me. I also sell some of the pipes I refurbish. It is my hope that through this forum I'll come to enjoy pipes and smoking even more! I also hope to continue to grow my knowledge of basic pipe repair and learn more about the variety of old pipes I come across. I look forward to interacting with you folks!

Kirklands

Welcome from New Hampshire! Explore some of the old threads to find some of the info you're looking for. Everything usually comes together in the What are you Smoking page.

Started smoking a pipe about 10 years ago and soon became interested in refurbishing estate pipes. My favorite pipes to smoke are a Custom-Bilt, an old Perfecto, and a Stefano Santambrogio my son gifted me. I also sell some of the pipes I refurbish. It is my hope that through this forum I'll come to enjoy pipes and smoking even more! I also hope to continue to grow my knowledge of basic pipe repair and learn more about the variety of old pipes I come across. I look forward to interacting with you folks!

Kirklands
I just started refurbishing my pipe collection that I started in 1976. I would like help with the restoration of the vulcanite stems.

Welcome to the BoB forum!
Welcome-from-Tennessee-Post-Card.jpg

Where do you find your estate pipes?
I get almost all of them from Ebay. Mostly, I buy lots of several pipes. Getting bargains that are worth refurbishing and selling takes patience, but they show up on occasion. I've probably sold about 80 pipes in all over the last 4 years, so it's just at the level of a hobby.