Here’s a good deal...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Monteverde Impressa

On Amazon for $26. Normal street price $40 - $50.
Pretty universally touted as a very nice item. Look up reviews on uTube via the pens name on uTube’s search thing. Matt Armstrong particularly liked it.

Gunmetal barrel and cap with deep red clip, band, etc. Black nib. Spring clip. Top of cap is square which tapers to standard round. Includes a converter. Takes Standard Universal converter and cartridges.

Don’t know why it’s discounted. Amazon has the other colors for pretty much retail. This one...with a medium nib...is much less. Whatever the reason...Twenty Six Bucks? I ordered one immediately.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5TRMDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Review...

http://penhabit.com/2014/03/03/pen-review-monteverde-impressa-gunmetalred/

Sounds and looks like what used to be the norm for fountain pens 50 years ago - well made, good looking, good writing WRITING instruments! Back then you bought a pen to USE, not collect ! Sounds like you've found a keeper!! :twisted:

If you can find a bottle, Omas's Vespuci Red. Omas sadly doesn't produce inks anymore but this Red is worth looking for! :twisted:

monbla256":72u5fhno said:
If you can find a bottle, Omas's Vespuci Red. Omas sadly doesn't produce inks anymore but this Red is worth looking for! :twisted:

I’ll keep my eyes open. But apparently the Vespucci Red was a Ltd Ed ink sold together with Omas A. Vespucci fountain pen(s). So...

Blackhorse":ve69piix said:
monbla256":ve69piix said:

I’ll keep my eyes open. But apparently the Vespucci Red was a Ltd Ed ink sold together with Omas A. Vespucci fountain pen(s). So...
Back when I got it, Fharney's sold it without the pen.