How do I loosen this?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanJohn

Reaction score

pipe rocket by velocipede228822, on Flickr

I had this pipe through the post today, bought on ebay. It has written on it, Rocket-Nylon- France.
As you can see it is similar to a Falcon. But I can't shift the bowl from the stem.
It obviously has to be removed to clean the bottom part, but how?
Can anyone suggest a method for me to loosen it up? I'm afraid to soak it in hot water incase it cracks.

First, as I am unfamiliar with that brand of pipe, are you certain that the bowl separates like a falcon type? The term "nylon" makes me wonder if it is not molded together as one piece. Were it me, and I was afraid to soak it, I think I would try putting it in the padded jaws of a vice and try to carefully work it loose. You migh also try freezing it or warming it before trying to loosen, sometimes a change in temperature will ease the process.

shootist51":dgaq6gor said:
First, as I am unfamiliar with that brand of pipe, are you certain that the bowl separates like a falcon type? The term "nylon" makes me wonder if it is not molded together as one piece. Were it me, and I was afraid to soak it, I think I would try putting it in the padded jaws of a vice and try to carefully work it loose. You migh also try freezing it or warming it before trying to loosen, sometimes a change in temperature will ease the process.
Well shootist, the hole is in the bottom of the bowl dead centre, just as in a Falcon. The pipe cleaner will go right through, up to the bowl, and there is an air flow through it when I blow through the bowl, so the lower part can't be cleaned unless I can remove it?
I have googled it, but can't find it on line to see if there is any information on it.