Identifying this pipe rack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stemandbriar

Reaction score
So, I've been cleaning up my pipe stuffs on break here, and have always wondered about a rack I have.
Since I have the time to post it up, I was wondering if anyone else has seen one of these.

From what I know, it's a Savinelli 6 pipe stand, made out of porcelain or some kind of fired china.

I acquired it with a Savinelli, and Dunhill, and a few other nice pipes.
The logo on the bottom is a little hard to see, but clearly the Sav "S" shield is there, and I can make out Italy from the part that isn't rubbed off.

Ideas? Just never see one after much Internet Searching.

I've never seen one like this. The style looks, to me, like something from the '50s or '60s. Just a hunch. I don't care for it, but it looks quite practical. For more profound insights, I defer to my more learned colleagues.

I'm a big fan of things 30s - 60s, and while not an expert, I'd say late 1950s to mid 1960s.

It isn't my style either (some stuff of that era is, but the weird atomic-deco mixtures that came up at times kind of fell flat), but some poor guy might be brought to his knees with this one. Looks like a swell stand for a set of similar-looking bents.

I didn't like it either :x Then again, I don't know art.
The more I fill it up with nice pipes, the more it just "fits" my room.

Maybe Savenelli figured it out after a small production run, and quit making them :D

If anyone (including you) is more concerned with the pipe rack rather than the pipes, it really is that ugly, or you simply need to put prettier pipes in it. :lol:

I really like it, so I must know art...
Seriously, that is very distinctive looking. Filled with some nice pipes, I bet it looks like a million bucks.