If you like Bluegrass or Appalachian/Mountain music...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
...check this out. Major League backup players; first-rate production, sound, and camera work; no advertising; and delightfully surprising frontmen---Steve Martin the comedian, and Sarah Jarosz, a 19 year old wunderkinder who is Allison Krauss v2.0 (imo).

At 50 minutes it's a Grp 4 pipe-bowl in length, too.

What better way to spend part of a Sunday afternoon?

http://video.pbs.org/video/1633720535/

LL, so I clicked on the link you posted up, and proceeded to jam out to some sweet bluegrass sounds while surfing around. Awesome! Thanks for posting.

NEWS FLASH: Steve Martin won a Grammy for Best Bluegrass Album last year? W-O-W! (title: The Crow: New Songs For The Five String Banjo)

LL -- ever hear of Leftover Salmon? I used to live in Crested Butte, Colorado, where they originally formed. Sometimes, on nice days in spring, you could pull up to the ski lift, and they would be jamming out, right there, at the base of the ski mountain. Groovy! I have caught them live, in small, sometimes, very small, venues and they are fantastic. Check 'em out.

Trout Bum":0dmbcc3f said:
LL -- ever hear of Leftover Salmon? I used to live in Crested Butte, Colorado, where they originally formed. Sometimes, on nice days in spring, you could pull up to the ski lift, and they would be jamming out, right there, at the base of the ski mountain. Groovy! I have caught them live, in small, sometimes, very small, venues and they are fantastic. Check 'em out.
I've known of them since the early 90's. I was in a band at the time with a national-class guitar player who was into obscure styles and acts, and whose brother worked the ski resorts of Colorado and Montana... the rest followed naturally. I'm pretty sure he played with them a number of times, in fact.

Love the one-of-a-kind players and regional styles. 99.9% of the public thinks their car radio represents a full cross section of the music that's available in the world. :lol!: