IM Corona issues

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cigar2you

Reaction score
I have an older CPL Pipelighter that recently started leaking from the nozzle. I sent it off for repair along with the check for return handling as I was instructed. I received it back with a note stating that it was discontinued and therefore no parts are available for repair. They tout a lifetime warranty but I guess that only for the life of the product line. I sent a follow up email requesting replacement as a remedy. I will let you know how this turns out. Anyone else with this problem? Any advice?

Well that's an unfortunate situation. Did you talk to them beforehand and clarify which lighter you had before you shipped it off? If the "lifetime warranty" is only good for the product line, that'd be a crappy interpretation.

"Sir, we never specified as to who or what 'lifetime' referred to, and interpret it as the life of the product and/or product line."

I can see a lawyer doing that. :lol:

Good luck in getting a resolution.

8)

The only thing I could tell them that it was an older Pipelighter but not an old boy. They told me to just send it with a check

Well, they seemed willing to waste their time and yours--on your dime. What a treat!

I don't know why anyone f---s with butane lighters. Speaking figuratively, of course.

Richard Burley":0f1xa630 said:
I don't know why anyone f---s with butane lighters. Speaking figuratively, of course.
Geez, give the guy a break. :lol: Don't let this turn into a "match/butane/Zippo" ordeal. Back in the day, they lit lighters with chunks of burning coal or a twig. Also, as was brought up recently, the lighter was actually invented before the match. So some of us just keep it "retro." :lol:

8)

Cigar2you":zk86oeyy said:
I have an older CPL Pipelighter that recently started leaking from the nozzle. I sent it off for repair along with the check for return handling as I was instructed. I received it back with a note stating that it was discontinued and therefore no parts are available for repair. They tout a lifetime warranty but I guess that only for the life of the product line. I sent a follow up email requesting replacement as a remedy. I will let you know how this turns out. Anyone else with this problem? Any advice?
Send it to these folks. They are the BEST and can repair ANY lighter. I've used 'em since the '70s.

http://authorizedrepairservice.com/

Ever light a pipe with tongs and an ember? Works great. Used to do it all the time when I was a mere lad, back in the 1600s. ;)

Richard Burley":4q69kvhc said:
Ever light a pipe with tongs and an ember? Works great. Used to do it all the time when I was a mere lad, back in the 1600s. ;)
Incidentally, I did attempt to light my pipe recently (a cob) with a magnifying glass--I hear this was something done occasionally back-in-the-day, they called it a "burning glass." It worked okay for the first light, but relights were impossible. I'm glad I didn't roast the top bowl of my cob. 8) I'd rather have a lighter.

Just use Beeline, the original Hemp Wick. :face:
I found my free sample yesterday under a desk that I received a few years ago. Haven't tried it yet, just saw this thread and thought of it.
http://www.thebeelinestore.com/

My Old Boy is starting to have trouble lighting on the first try. Lots of sparks. When it works, it is much better than my zippo.
I gave up on matches, just found the inconsistent burn of the match makes it hard to not char top of the bowl.

Best of luck to you on your resolution.

These ALWAYS work. DUNHILL lighters and wooden kitchen MATCHES. Both have worked for me for over 40 years now . :p