Interesting read about Missouri Meerschaum

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you know the factory is also haunted(so they say) and they give tours?!!!
Yeah…their pipes are ghosted.
1691039698850.png

Great article, as most of those smoking pipes essays are. I really liked how Missouri Meerschaum claimed their production is as "vertically integrated" as it gets, what with growing their own corn. I've noticed more than a little of that in my own smoking since I've started using whole leaf to make blends. Thanks for the article!

To DL Ruth--If you're thinking of the period when the pipes were skinny with unavoidably small tobacco chambers, I believe that there were two or three years of drought, when the corn crop was disappointing. I have a few of the pipes from this period, and the labels on the heels were different (by way of apology?). but they still smoke well.

Great article, as most of those smoking pipes essays are. I really liked how Missouri Meerschaum claimed their production is as "vertically integrated" as it gets, what with growing their own corn. I've noticed more than a little of that in my own smoking since I've started using whole leaf to make blends. Thanks for the article!
At one time, you could get the MM special seeds for the larger corn cob from Baker Creek. That is discontinued now. I'd love to get my hands on some.

I've always had a couple I smoked occasionally. In the eighties a doctor who was a pipe smoker recommended to me not to smoke and if you're going to use a cob, throw it away when it gets junky, use a tobacco with minimal or no additives and don't inhale. It took twenty years but I'm almost there!