It's been a year.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazarus Long

Reaction score
I started smoking my pipe one year ago today. My first single corn cob has found a dozen friends of all shapes and sized since then. I remember a colleague recommending that I go and buy a bag of Black Cavendish from the drugstore - I only smoked that for a week... I still have at least a half pound of it today. Thanks to some of you folks here I have tried many tobaccos and found several that I enjoy very much.

So in reflection, I am quite pleased with my decision to start smoking a pipe. I smoked cigs for 19 years and finally stopped cold turkey in 2009. Then, for a year and a half I just got myself away from that whole lifestyle. Finally last year I made that choice to go with the pipe and it has brought me much enjoyment. I especially like to sip on an IPA whilst I puff.

Looking forward to many more years of peace.

I remember that feeling well. Going on five years for me now and I still feel a great deal of gratitude to those the helped mentor my enjoyment.

Buckshot":0qllm755 said:
taharris":0qllm755 said:
I think you made a good decision.

I agree...a very good decision.
I'll third that! Also, happy anniversary! I'm coming up on my 5 year Anniversary next month. I'll have to do something nice for myself... maybe buy a new pipe! ;)

UberHuberMan":4o78anux said:
Buckshot":4o78anux said:
taharris":4o78anux said:
I think you made a good decision.

I agree...a very good decision.
I'll third that! Also, happy anniversary! I'm coming up on my 5 year Anniversary next month. I'll have to do something nice for myself... maybe buy a new pipe! ;)

Ha! That's exactly what I did UberHuberMan! A new pipe along with nearly 2 lbs of my three favourite tabacs.

Thanks for the sentiments everyone.

Lazarus Long":3zjxzkev said:
So in reflection, I am quite pleased with my decision to start smoking a pipe. I smoked cigs for 19 years and finally stopped cold turkey in 2009. Then, for a year and a half I just got myself away from that whole lifestyle. Finally last year I made that choice to go with the pipe and it has brought me much enjoyment. I especially like to sip on an IPA whilst I puff.
Sounds almost note for note like my transition to pipes after quitting cigs, and staying tobacco free for a while!
Ebay introduced me to pipes, and BoB introduced me to other pipe smokers. The rest is history.